Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General news thread

Bronezhilet

A PDF of the Affidavit of Probable Cause for the Nihilist Stabber in Portland.

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/PCAFFIDAVIT2JEREMYCHRISTIAN.tif-2.compressed.pdf

In it we learned the defendant was drinking Sangria wine out of a collapsible bladder.

Clearly more needs to be done by the Federal government to stop the consumption of Sangria wine.

38 minutes ago, Ramlaen said:

Kind of displeased with how little attention this is getting in the states, I mean it's not like the Philippines was part of the US a half century ago or anything.

Here are the reasons.

1) It might make Americans sympathetic to Philippines President Duterte. That's because Duterte = Trump > Hitler.

2) Because we have our own news story about an ISIS jihadist beheading here in the US.

3) Because Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Paris. Climate Change. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump. Trump, Russia. Russia, Trump.

4) Because it validates the War on Terror/Radical Islam narrative.

5) Because it's in a foreign country that most Americans haven't visited when they were on Spring/Summer break in College.

14 hours ago, Ramlaen said:

Kind of displeased with how little attention this is getting in the states, I mean it's not like the Philippines was part of the US a half century ago or anything.

Also, it's a goddamn enormous operation.  It's big news no matter how you slice it.

I guess... electing the pyscho vigilante posse candidate there is looking like a good thing?

Sounds like london is having some more part and parcel experiences today.  3 or 4 seperate terrorist attacks in the past few hours there.  London bridge, borough market, Vauxhall area, and the Sun newspaper office.  Everything's going too fast for me to tell exactly what's going on right now there.  The sun one is the one that I'm not really sure if it's real or not yet.

Also 200 were injured in Italy after people mistakingly thought there were bombs going off or something.

Since the last post was sloppy and some time has been able to pass, at least 6 dead and 48 injured from this.  3 angry men whose religious beliefs you'd never guess got shot by police.  Sun one I guess was fake, was only seeing it tweeted by one guy.  The Vauxhall thing was London being its usual self and was an unrelated stabbing nearby at the same time.

I've been watching TV coverage from Great Britain (SkyNews, BBC) and several of the personalities have expressed concern that London Armed Police used 50 rounds to take down the three knife wielding terrorist and whether 50 shots might be excessive.

No I don't have links yet, just watching the Livestream.

Edit: This isn't exactly what I heard on the stream but it gives you some indication about the attitude of firearms over there and attitudes with the British regarding their effectiveness.

http://news.sky.com/story/live-london-bridge-attack-police-confirm-a-suspect-is-still-at-large-10903581

The attackers were then confronted by armed officers. Eight firearms officers discharged their weapons. It will be subject to an investigation by the IPCC but the initial assessment is that in the region of 50 rounds were fired by those eight officers.

The three attackers were shot dead.

He adds: "The situation these officers were confronted with was critical - life and death. Three armed men wearing what appeared to be suicide belts. They had already attacked and killed members of the public and had to be stopped immediately. In fact I'm not surprised that, when faced with what they feared were three suicide attackers, the firearms officers fired an unprecedented number of rounds, to be completely confident they had completely neutralised the threat that these men posed.

"I am humbled by the bravery of an officer who will rush towards a potential suicide bomber thinking only of protecting others.

"As the officers confronted the terrorists, a member of public also suffered a gunshot wound. Although the injuries are not critical in nature, they are in hospital receiving medical attention."

Saudi Arabia & Bahrain cut off diplomatic relations with fellow GCC state Qatar and have closed down their airspace and seaways to Qatar. 

This follows some hacked emails showing UAE diplomats working with US think tanks about trying to get Qatar punished for not being fully on the Iran-hate train even though Qatar does fund its share of Salafists who routinely murder any Shia they come into contact with. 

Edit: UAE follows 

Edit: An alternative theory to this that doesn't center around Qatar being buddies with Iran, which they don't seem to be, is that Qatar is way more lenient towards the Muslim Brotherhood which is hated by the rest of the ruling parties in the region. 

6 hours ago, Donward said:

Yeah. This is pretty standard fare for television news reporters.

But apparently I'm a kook with an agenda if I'm skeptical of everything that passes off as news.

6 hours ago, Priory_of_Sion said:

Saudi Arabia & Bahrain cut off diplomatic relations with fellow GCC state Qatar and have closed down their airspace and seaways to Qatar. 

This follows some hacked emails showing UAE diplomats working with US think tanks about trying to get Qatar punished for not being fully on the Iran-hate train even though Qatar does fund its share of Salafists who routinely murder any Shia they come into contact with. 

Edit: An alternative theory to this that doesn't center around Qatar being buddies with Iran, which they don't seem to be, is that Qatar is way more lenient towards the Muslim Brotherhood which is hated by the rest of the ruling parties in the region. 

So I've been hearing about US military build ups in Kuwait city for awhile now and previous speculation I read was that it was probably going to Afghanistan with a small chance it's for ISIS. I wonder what the chances are that it's related to this.

10 hours ago, Priory_of_Sion said:

Qatar, UAE and Saudi medias are now in full shitshow mode, trying to cover their opponents in incredible amount of dirt. Apperently they diceded that best thing to do now is to copy their proxies/mercs/followers in Syria and start to bite each other like wild dogs. 

The body language is interesting. I think part of the way through the interview, Putin must have been wondering to himself why he was forced to spend the day with a brain-dead blonde bimbo, asking him stupid questions when he owns the largest nuclear arsenal in the world. And on top of that, he knew he wasn't even get so much as a hand-job out of the deal.

34 minutes ago, Donward said:

The body language is interesting. I think part of the way through the interview, Putin must have been wondering to himself why he was forced to spend the day with a brain-dead blonde bimbo, asking him stupid questions when he owns the largest nuclear arsenal in the world. And on top of that, he knew he wasn't even get so much as a hand-job out of the deal.

Is there more than that, and mad did she asks so dumb fucking questions or what?    "Mr Putin, Have you personally Murdered a man while riding a stallion shirtless? CNN, the FBI and CIA all said you did!!"