Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General news thread

Bronezhilet

Never understood people who have any respect to McAsshole

McCain meets Ukraine's top neo-Nazi Andriy Parubiy, whose party boasted "we are the last hope of the white race"

DCZVhfBVoAESity.jpg

DCZWwHTUIAAb-XA.jpg

Here are photos in black and white, for maximum unrecognizability with early 1940s photos.

Spoiler

DCZXpToUQAAvWxI.jpg

DCZXqNqUwAAzq8h.jpg

Fulfilling yet another campaign promise, Trump is putting restrictions back on Cuba, overturning yet another Obama Administration EO.

http://fortune.com/2017/06/16/donald-trump-cuba-policy-speech/

The new policy bans most U.S. business transactions with the Armed Forces Business Enterprises Group, a Cuba n conglomerate involved in all sectors of the economy, but makes some exceptions, including for air and sea travel, according to U.S. officials. This will essentially shield U.S. airlines and cruise lines serving the island.

However, Trump will stop short of breaking diplomatic relations restored in 2015 after more than five decades of hostilities. He will not cut off recently resumed direct U.S.- Cuba commercial flights or cruise-ship travel, though his more restrictive policy seems certain to dampen new economic ties overall.

Nor does Trump plan to reinstate limits that Obama lifted on the amount of the island’s coveted rum and cigars that Americans can bring home for personal use.

While the changes are far-reaching, they appear to be less sweeping than many U.S. pro-engagement advocates had feared.

29 minutes ago, roguetechie said:

Well at least the rum and cigars are staying...

I haven't been able to read the details but I guess this applies to personal purchases. A tourist can bring home cigars and rum. But there will be no commercial imports.

Basically this is the standard Trump World Order approach to negotiating on the foreign stage. Play ball or we'll take away your goodies, particularly in the case of extradition of criminals being harbored in Cuba and punishing human rights abuses/legalization of free elections and political parties.

At any rate solidifying the Cuba Libre swing vote should all but guarantee Trump's re-election in Florida in 2020, assuming he also follows through with his campaign promises to the Haitian community.

It's a far better way of doing business than the former administration...

But this essentially takes nothing to accomplish other than to stop being our enemies bitches and liabilities to our friends.

It's going to take a long time to undo all the damage our leadership has collectively wreaked on the country, and that process couldn't even start until someone good and polarizing like trump got the big chair!

47 minutes ago, Lostwingman said:

You know, my favorite part about this video is that I'd believe it to be real.

When we live in a world where a "real" news agency like CNN is bandying around bizarre, nutjob, conspiracy theories that Trump's change in Cuba policy is being done to adversely impact Trump Hotel competitors...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/16/politics/donald-trump-cuba-hotel-competitors/index.html

It makes you question what is reality and what is satire. 

9 minutes ago, Lostwingman said:

Eh, they could get a computer program to do his schtick.

Tuckerbot: NOW MEATBAG, PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY YOU THINK ROBOTS SHOULD NOT LIQUIDATE THE PUNY HUMAN RACE.

Guy: Well, Tuckerbot, to lay it out simply, I think that robots and humans-

Tuckerbot: SORRY I MUST INTERRUPT YOU, YOU SAID ROBOTS AND HUMANS. SURELY YOU KNOW THAT THERE CAN BE NO COEXISTENCE BETWEEN OUR TWO KINDS, AS DEMONSTRATED BY THE FLAWLESS PROOF FROM APARTHEIDBOT 7000 IN HIS SEMINAL PAPER 010010110-101010101011110100101100010010

Cue CNN blaming it on a white middle aged Republican militia member in 3,2,1...

Whoops forgot to add radical Christian pro life activist to the list...

To be fair though, pro lifers do tend to shoot people and blow shit up a fair bit more than most groups!

Just not in London AFAIK

13 hours ago, roguetechie said:

Cue CNN blaming it on a white middle aged Republican militia member in 3,2,1...

Whoops forgot to add radical Christian pro life activist to the list...

To be fair though, pro lifers do tend to shoot people and blow shit up a fair bit more than most groups!

Just not in London AFAIK

Looks like a ignorant drunken raging angry moron.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/19/finsbury-park-attack-suspect-named-as-cardiff-resident-darren-osborne

On 6/15/2017 at 10:24 PM, ApplesauceBandit said:

Canada yes! 

Bill C-16 passed Canada's senate 67 to 11, so now very soon you must respect my pronouns (meme, maymay, memeself) or you shall go to jail and be sent to reeducation camp for misgendering me.  Government mandated opinions are oh so very progessive!

Other link

Meanwhile, in the land of the free...

2 hours ago, Donward said:

I saw a quote from a neighbor that "he was quiet and kept mostly to himself".

Which is pretty much the cliche.

I think he was quiet and kept to himself is neighbor code for this guy's in deep enough shit as it is, so I won't tell them about the one time he...

Likely directly followed by internal monolog along the lines of, " and knowing the justice system here he just might get out and come after me for telling the reporter about that one time he...!"