Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General news thread

Bronezhilet

In Dagestan, FSB fighters liquidated the leader and militants of the Kadar gang. 19/05/2017

Looks like they were ISIS supporters.

On the night of 18 to 19 May, as part of the existing legal regime of the CTO in the Buinaksky district of Dagestan, in one of the private houses of the village of Karamakhi, a group of persons involved in the activities of the bandit underground group was found during the ORM.
   Special forces of security agencies blocked them in the house. On the offer to lay down their arms and surrender to the authorities, the bandits opened fire. During the battle with the fighters of the special forces of the FSB of Russia, four bandits were neutralized.
   As established, these gangsters were the remains of the so-called Kadar bandit group, whose organizational core was liquidated last year. In the process of their preliminary identification of bodies, the leader and his accomplices, were identified. On the account of the gang - numerous crimes of a terrorist nature, including murder of the head of administration of the village of Karamakhi and other civilians, as well as extortion of large sums of money from entrepreneurs.
   As a result of the fighting, there are no casualties among law enforcement officers and civilian population.
   When inspecting a private house in which neutralized bandits sheltered, a large number of weapons and ammunition were found by FSB technicians: a grenade launcher, a machine gun, automatic weapons, a pistol, grenades, components for the manufacture of explosive devices, ready for use IEDs with a total capacity of up to 10 kg in trotyl equivalent.

1 minute ago, Collimatrix said:

Are the seperatist/extremist groups in Dagestan actually coordinated with ISIS in Syria and Iraq, or have they just pledged allegiance?

IDK, most likely just a supporters without solid connections (probably they have some form of communication through social networks). 

21 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

That's horrible. I hope they catch the white supremacists that did it!

You know, I find it odd that these people attacked an Ariana grande concert. That music is aimed towards 14 year old girls. 

You would think Muhammad would have an issue with his followers blowing up his potential wives.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40023488

The UK terror threat level has been raised to its highest level of "critical", meaning further attacks may be imminent, Theresa May has said.

Looks like they're just going to have to get used to this.  After all, it's all part and parcel with living in a big city :^)

1 hour ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

You know, I find it odd that these people attacked an Ariana grande concert. That music is aimed towards 14 year old girls. 

You would think Muhammad would have an issue with his followers blowing up his potential wives.

Nah, they're too old for Muhammed, obviously.

7 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

they have to go to heaven to meet muhammed first

9 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Ah, this is where you're wrong, kiddo.

It's obviously because they all refused marriage at the age of 6-7! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aisha

So pulling open YouTube this morning, I see one of the suggested videos is this one. "Manchester Attack: Vigil Poem of Defiance".

I keep thinking to myself after each one of these attacks, "Hey, maybe this will be the wake up call Europe needs to get its act together."

Nope.

instead they are making vigil poems of defiance.

1 hour ago, Belesarius said:

http://projects.thestar.com/iraq-torture-abuse-murder-war-crimes/index.html

Uh. Wow. Trigger/NSFW warning: Graphic torture.

There had been scattered reports and allegations that this sort of thing was going on.  This report will make it impossible to ignore, however.

It reminds me of the widespread torture during the US occupation of Iraq.  Using power tools for torture was so common that it was a go-to joke for the War Nerd.

In a more general sense, I think it shows that the constituent groups of Iraq cannot rise above sectarian identity.  If there's peace, it's because one group has conquered the others and has ejected them from the political sphere.  In Saddam's time, the Sunni Arabs held supremacy (albeit in a secular, ostensibly nationalist state) and suppressed the Shia Arabs and Kurds.  Eventually, the more numerous Shia Arabs will probably take control of Iraq, at least outside of Kurdish areas which will probably be de-facto autonomous.  A democratic government there with full participation by all groups is doomed to bloody failure.