Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

So my girlfriend just convinced me to buy this on receipt of my next paycheck:

MZT8H5s.png

Aren't SOs supposed to talk you out of buying guns?

The idea that your partner's role in life is to ruin your fun is shitty and has been the death of many a relationship.

Good for you two, and don't use it for anything kinky and sex-related without filing some of the sharp edges first.

Now that we've been able to get all the useless shit out of my grandparents' house (they were Wal-Mart bin junkies), we're starting to get to the good stuff. I finally found the High Standard .22 I've been trying to find in that mess forever. It's the only pistol I've ever really been able to shoot with any accuracy, but it jams about every fourth shot.

I finally found the High Standard .22 I've been trying to find in that mess forever. It's the only pistol I've ever really been able to shoot with any accuracy, but it jams about every fourth shot.

Pull the stocks, plop the whole thing in a bucket of mineral spirits.  Let it soak overnight at indoor temps.

Next day, brush the loose crud out, dunk and slosh a few times, then blow it dry with shop air (or canned air). If you're still getting crud out during the blow-dry, redunk and slosh.

Then once dry and clean, douche it with CLP and work the action a few times. Then blow off the excess.  Do the same process with any mags too.

This trick has "fixed" a number of "broken" .22 auto pistols. 

How would a 1911 chambered in 9mm compare to a Browning 9mm hi- power?

Better trigger, divisive comfort, lower capacity (not at all convinced the 1911 has less recoil).

More comfortable, better trigger, and less recoil.

The BHP is one of the most comfortable double-stack pistols I have shot. I like the 1911 OK, too, but it's single stack and grip and mainspring housing dependent. I like the flat mainspring housings way better. Dunno where you're getting that the 1911 has less recoil.