Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

42 minutes ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Yeah, that looks so dumb. 

What is it? 

Also.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/818597/SAS-ISIS-news-exploding-bullets-RIP-weapons-Islamic-State

SAS to be issued with the deadliest bullets ever made named 'RIP'

THE SAS will be equipped with deadly exploding RIP bullets as the force is kitted out with state of the art weapons to fight ISIS.

"World famous Spec Ops units buys overpriced gimmick rounds."

Welp, that's it, I'm done.

12 hours ago, Xlucine said:

Small enough to be hidden under clothing! Maybe those are the 5" gun the express said the RN was buying a few months ago?

No you see, much how the bore of the MP7A1 can expand magically from 4.6mm to 9mm to accommodate the new RIP projectiles, it can also contract to the size of a compact pistol or expand to the size of an AR-15 pattern Carbine/SBR that was used to kill Bin Laden without any parts changes! It's genius really and true H&K innovation! 

Note how the article says "sub machines" and not sub machine guns, this is a reference to how the MP7A1 variant can change its properties on the fly at the sub atomic level!

AngelArms_Gun-One_45-ICP_300.jpg

https://pesn.com/archive/2011/02/14/9501767_Raphials_Revolutionary_Rhino_Gun_to_Start_MYT-6_Engine/AngelArms_QT_427_folding_300.jpg

I'm fascinated with these stupid things.

Or the idea of making actual working versions that use conventional ammunition rather than the "inventors" stolen rocketball ripoff crap!

the "inventor" being Raphial (I've never ran them on actual fuel, but yeah 3000 horsepower at 30mpg is totally doable!) "Massive yet tiny" Morgado!

1 hour ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

I vote that SH should pool their money and collectively purchase this rifle. It will be the comm(ie)unity rifle. 

Who said anything about pooling it?

I'm glad I checked before I posted a link with reduced resolution versions of the images Looser posted...

If you open and enlarge the photos there's actually something very interesting to be seen. Namely, that both the pistol grip and stock are 3d printed!

I'm thinking that the weirdly too large angled foregrip is too because it's proportions and scaling are kind of odd. Thank God they haven't figured out that you can smooth the outer surfaces and get rid of the telltale sign of larger layer sizes of FDM 3d printed objects using acetone. 

I am kind of proud of them though, since you can tell that they adjusted layer thicknesses, print speed, and etc between the stock pieces and the pistol grip!

This actually shows that they truly grock some of the subtleties of 3d printing.

And being the huge 3d printing fanboy/nerd that I am, that's exciting!

Edited by roguetechie
Supplemental information and kudos to the builders

1 hour ago, LoooSeR said:

Can somebdoy ID that rifle on his back? 

XIjm9.jpg

Looser I'm 95% certain that it's an SVD barreled action installed in a chassis system that completely replaces more iconic and recognizable dragunov / furniture sets that made it so very easy identify each variant / model by the furniture sets used .

In Russia alone there's several different commercial and or aftermarket chassis systems available for purchase!

Throw in those made in former wp nations which had domestic SVD production or just large stores of them collecting dust in the corner of arms warehouses etc, and the total number of production chassis systems is likely to be staggering!

It kind of looks as though the barrel may be shortened as well.