Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Oh dear sweet baby Jesus...

You weren't joking about full retard!

The truly "precious" part is where they talk about not allowing institutional inertia drown out the voices "SCREAMING FOR OVERMATCH" 

It's a good thing I bought up those surplus M113's with 8 inch gun turrets while they were cheap...

I'm gonna be rich when the army wants to buy them back!

Full retard meets mega retard in the comments section.

Eric Atkinson 8 minutes ago

It does not follow that "Unit endurance would be cut in half." I carry 6 30rd mags plus the one 30rd mag in my Sig 762. That's 210 rounds. I could carry more. So it seems to me that most infantrymen could do that plus a belt or two of 7.62 for an M240.
Weight carried should be prioritized by ammo, water, other weapons,med,body armor, Com,and food.

2 hours ago, Khand-e said:

It does not follow that "Unit endurance would be cut in half." I carry 6 30rd mags plus the one 30rd mag in my Sig 762. That's 210 rounds. I could carry more. So it seems to me that most infantrymen could do that plus a belt or two of 7.62 for an M240.
Weight carried should be prioritized by ammo, water, other weapons,med,body armor, Com,and food.

God that's precious.

Any bets that this guy probably couldn't climb a small hill unaided?

I have discovered something.

Everyone knows that a .410 shotgun isn't .410 gauge, it's just the hole is .410" wide. But what would a 410 gauge shotgun look like? plugging the number (410) into the formula here, and it works out to .225. That's narrow enough to fit down a .22 barrel! .22 rat shot is a 410 gauge shotgun!

8 hours ago, Khand-e said:

And the unit could save weight on food by just skinning and eating this retard out in the field.

9 hours ago, Xlucine said:

I have discovered something.

Everyone knows that a .410 shotgun isn't .410 gauge, it's just the hole is .410" wide. But what would a 410 gauge shotgun look like? plugging the number (410) into the formula here, and it works out to .225. That's narrow enough to fit down a .22 barrel! .22 rat shot is a 410 gauge shotgun!

Shotgun gauge is one of the few common examples of a cubic function being used to measure a linear dimension.

5 minutes ago, Bronezhilet said:

Within a minute. Bravo.

Thanks.

Picture is from Yemen by the way.

I wrote "vz.23" because I knew it would take you to the right Wiki article. It's a vz.25, but I had to check via google the grip angle to make sure. The actual designations are a bit arcane, but "vz.23" is often used as a shorthand for the whole family.

I've shot one, BTW. They are kind of miserable subguns, in the way that most WWII-era subguns are miserable-but-cheap. They do have a telescoped bolt and mag in the grip, which is cool, plus a few other fun features (like the magloader in the handguard).

Between them and their obvious comparator, the Uzi, I dunno which I'd take. But I'd definitely take a Sterling or MP5 over either.

1 minute ago, Sturgeon said:

I wrote "vz.23" because I knew it would take you to the right Wiki article. It's a vz.25, but I had to check via google the grip angle to make sure. The actual designations are a bit arcane, but "vz.23" is often used as a shorthand for the whole family.

I didn't actually Wiki it because it wasn't me who wanted to know, but a friend.

On 4/8/2017 at 1:33 AM, Sturgeon said:

The CMP is getting 86,000 M1 Garand rifles from the Philippines.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Saw one comment that claims that they are warehoused factory fresh stock. If true that means whoever gets to own one could be a first time user in the same category as the GI's that went on march 70 years ago

First post here so don´t know how appropriate my question is, but here we go: Assuming that the 5.45x39 would have a M855A1 style bullet,would its performance be superior to the M855A1 as from what i have read here the 5.45 has some serious advantages in its ballistic properties compared to the 5.56x45.