Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Russian sniper rifles ORSIS T-5000 manufactured by Promtehnologiya (Moscow) are used by special forces of the People's Armed Police of China in Xinjiang and the special purpose police department of the Public Security Directorate of the Ministry of Public Security of the People's Republic of China for Beijing.

3990426_original.jpg

37 minutes ago, Xlucine said:

I'm not sure why that turned up, given the program started without any range increase or lethality increase ordered. Hopefully the other parts of the interview will answer!

Yeah, it's covered in Part 3. Short version: The AMU (specifically Troy Lawton) corrupted them with their heretical gerrperrscherr wickedness.

Kori said though that it's only intended to be a capability demonstrator. "Hey, look, we can do this with CT, isn't that cool?" sort of thing.

Although obviously I am worried this particular flu is going around, yeah.

54 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

What's the story with "the Gun Zone" closing down? I loved that place, it really opened my eyes when I found it, though I had already stopped read/buying gun magazines. 

Dean Speir just doesn't want to host it anymore. He's getting old, I guess...

17 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

What's the story with "the Gun Zone" closing down? I loved that place, it really opened my eyes when I found it, though I had already stopped read/buying gun magazines. 

Page visits were way down, and Dean doesn't really care about it anymore.  Many of his friends in the gunzine industry are now dead...Frank James, Walt Rauch, Pat Rogers, Peter Kokalis, etc.

Not exactly a traditional weapon per say, but a new Anti-UAV gun employed by the Hubei Police.

fReK8oO.jpg

5wpdsMW.jpg

It's designed to cause a UAV/Drone to lose control via Electro Magnetic interference and either return it to it's origin location or cause it to crash (?)

Credits to Akula_941 for the photos and U-47 for describing how it works.

QTS-11, also known as ZH-05 is adopted for service in PLA. 5.8 automatic carabine and 20 mm grenade launcher (single shot). Photos from Yuri's Lyamin post.

20170310105702_fde82d9bd2f9fe17fd28fb00a5eaa108_6

C6dc3xeVUAEQLv7

C6dc4OsVQAA6cVv

More in spoilers:

25724592874_716d79cd7f_o

QTS-11

Photos from 2011:

195728l8q8ar81aggmbw58

163919cymg7gyuive3yiil

1333942917_85527

stats from 2011:

1102161709b856dec87582a2c0

It looks much more compact than another Asian OICW like Daewoo K11 because chinese OICW is equipped with just a single shot 20 mm GL.

0_dd581_de6ec016_XL.jpg