Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

11 minutes ago, Toimisto said:

First post here so don´t know how appropriate my question is, but here we go: Assuming that the 5.45x39 would have a M855A1 style bullet,would its performance be superior to the M855A1 as from what i have read here the 5.45 has some serious advantages in its ballistic properties compared to the 5.56x45.

Yes.

12 minutes ago, Toimisto said:

First post here so don´t know how appropriate my question is, but here we go: Assuming that the 5.45x39 would have a M855A1 style bullet,would its performance be superior to the M855A1 as from what i have read here the 5.45 has some serious advantages in its ballistic properties compared to the 5.56x45.

Welcome to SH!

Magazine release I think.

It was mentioned that they have it near the trigger in some article or another...

TBH I'm of the opinion that the F in F90 is for FAIL because they killed every good feature, didn't even try to develop real qualitative improvement of anything important, took the awesome foregrip, deleted QCB rather than fixed it, and made it a humpback monstrosity with that giant god damn malignant growth running along it's spine!

Oh yeah, and then they took a great chassis and said what would Amanda Tapping as Stargate sg1 wank bait do to improve the gun's aesthetics actual usability and the ability to uncase it at the range without being mocked into becoming an airsoft milsim guy by day and furry wearing an SS uniform by night!

Everything in Australia can kill you and if Thales gets ahold of you you're going to beg for death... Like this poor rifle in the pictures is

12 minutes ago, Khand-e said:

More on that, literally just revealed NK OICW in the parade.

mvghWHO.jpg

Credits to Akula_941 for the photo.

Looks a lot of like PLA OICW (QTS-11 IIRC), only with a magazine for GL. I see a handle for manual operation of GL on NK version, too.

1058891_1000.jpg

Sniper rifles used by SDF against ISIS targets in besieged Tabqa city.

C9SpggJXgAEIPQI.jpg

Spoiler

C9SphtpXgAEfi0d.jpg

C9Spi5KXsAA2Q8i.jpg

Even closer images of the NK OICW, judging from some of the design features it's clearly AK-74 based. (Type 85 or 88 in NK) Credits Akula_941.

HlxxQ4J.jpg

waYgpDI.jpg

This likely rules out the Chinese QTS-11 (the True name of the ZH-05) as the "parent" of the NK OICW as the rifle portion of the QTS-11 is based on a cut down QBZ-03 memory serve me. It's also using a magazine fed launcher design which the QTS-11 program ditched pretty early in development because it proved to be too heavy and bulky.