Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

So, just some random thing I was going to post about...well, like a year ago but slacked off on, PLA Police and Anti Riot revolvers (Donward suddenly got an erection and he doesn't know why.)

VtbJ0ML.png

Bfew6mS.jpg

Now, these have been used for a while, and I was going to post about them long ago, but today I finally got motivated when a private company named Hawk industries (who has made shotguns before) actually made....this thing.

vD9vWlt.png

This is an "SMG/Carbine" chambered in it with 10 or 30 round magazines. Now you may be thinking "what? did the 10mm niche resurrection catch on in China now?" The answer is no, the cartridge is actually a proprietary 10x50mmR cartridge that's actually classified as a shotgun shell, The reason for this isn't to make some "SUPER SELF DEFENSE GUN" like the Judge and dipshits who actually buy the Judge try to turn it into, the primary purpose is that these rounds are specifically designed for riot control and non lethal takedown of suspects, and while there ARE lethal rounds made for it, the main 2 are bean bag rounds and Tear gas/Max strength Pepper spray mix rounds, these function better than 12 gauge non lethal rounds in many as they were purpose bult for the task and the guns around them, plus, 10mm tends to fit better in a revolver than 18.5mm shockingly. they don't have the same payload, but the speed of the beanbags and the payload of the Tear Gas/Pepper Spray rounds is still deemed sufficient to stop rioters and fleeing suspects while being much easier to control and, in the case of a carbine style weapon, can carry much more rounds of it before having to reload.

I don't know, whether or not it's a good idea is up to you, but it seems like a decent alternative to 12 gauge shotguns for riot control purposes in alot of situations.

uzqmJDg.jpg

On 5/23/2017 at 9:56 AM, LoooSeR said:

ORSIS K-151 in .308 Win

http://s4.uploads.ru/Hj7dg.jpg

http://sf.uploads.ru/oCzME.jpg

4.6 kg

overall length - 0.96m

barrel - 0.508

10 round mag

up to 700 meters effective range

Interesting.  The receiver looks like an extrusion.  Has Russia finally boarded the SCAR-clone train?

15 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

johnson-light-machine-gun.jpg?w=680

The apex of Johnson LMG development!  I wonder why they're quoting 25 round capacity when the magazines were 20 rounds?

3 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Lemme fix this for you.

This is why we don't do poly lowers like that, but instead copy Calvary Arms because they were the only ones to ever do it right.

instead copy Calvary Arms because they were the only ones to ever do it right.

Calvary Arms

Calvary

H9k2JJ1.jpg

18 hours ago, Collimatrix said:

The apex of Johnson LMG development!  I wonder why they're quoting 25 round capacity when the magazines were 20 rounds?

The goofy design of the single-stack magazine forced it to release it contents as the magazine was locked into the magazine well.  As a result, you could lose up to four rounds if you then removed the loaded magazine from the magazine well.  On the bright side, this also meant that you could also force additional rounds into the receiver after the magazine was inserted.  This meant four more rounds inside the receiver plus one in the chamber when in semi-auto/closed bolt  mode.

On 5/25/2017 at 11:06 AM, Collimatrix said:

Interesting.  The receiver looks like an extrusion.  Has Russia finally boarded the SCAR-clone train?

Walter,

I cannot recommend Bruce Canfield's book on the Johnson Automatics strongly enough!

Frankly, it's every bit as good as books we all know and love by Collector Grade.(which is saying a lot because between black Rifle Death From Above and the SPIW book collector grade is king Kong of the gun jungle)

And the description below about magazine capacity is true, and there's a very familiar back story behind that weird ass mag catch with a whole bunch of ordnance assholes shoveling sand into Melvin Johnson's vajayjay!

(Imagine fucking that lol....) Tbf though, Melvin was a prick! And, had he been half the litigator that he was a gun designer, we almost certainly wouldn't be using the AR15 today since he tried to shut armalite down in court later on!

Basically, the original guns Melvin trialed for someone at ordnance actually took BAR mags and that initial trial went BAD!!

Melvin, and I believe him because Jesus Christ him gene and how many other guys all had it happen to them too!! He swore that the USMC all but blatantly and openly dented up feed lips smashed dents in sides and every other trick to make sure that the gun failed!

So, after some refinements and realizations that ordnance will fuck you if you let them... He came up with a feed lip free, hard to dent to malfunction single stack magazine that even threw the USMC a big fok ewe by allowing 1 type of already issued 5 round clip top up both rifle and machine gun

ALL WHILE DESIGNING A FEED SYSTEM EVEN ORDNANCE COULDN'T SABOTAGE!!!

honestly sparky and the amphigavin / marine corps fucktards spat ain't got shit on Melvin and the colossally single minded way in which Melvin built an entire suite of infantry weapons whose every feature can be traced back to someone who he was spiting!