Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

Trump got us out of the Paris Climate Agreement fulfilling another campaign promise.

Watched the speech and the thrust was that the US shouldn't be penalized for already lowering CO2 emissions while economies like China and India which have serious pollution problems are allowed to kick the can down the road.

The President kept the door slightly cracked maintaining that another deal could be negotiated later.

The text of the speech should be available soon.

2 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Elon "I'm actually a Martian and I'm just trying to get home" Musk and his infinite wisdom.

OcttJdE.jpg

There's a big difference between being concerned with climate change, and using fear-mongering to pass bureaucratic spunk..

I'm supposed to care what one of the biggest recipients of corporate welfare from the Federal and various state governments thinks about Climate Change?

Elon Musk is the guy who watched the Monorail episode of "The Simpsons", took notes on the Music Man-inspired con artist's schtick and said "That just might work!"

3 hours ago, Donward said:

Trump got us out of the Paris Climate Agreement fulfilling another campaign promise.

Watched the speech and the thrust was that the US shouldn't be penalized for already lowering CO2 emissions while economies like China and India which have serious pollution problems are allowed to kick the can down the road.

The President kept the door slightly cracked maintaining that another deal could be negotiated later.

The text of the speech should be available soon.

I am glad he followed through on this promise. Hurting the US economy for something we can't do much about anyway, and are already saddled with a bunch of BS regarding it, is a bad thing. Every American politician left or right should always put the interests of the US before other countries. Plus Trump waffling on this would have cost him a lot of his base, the base that doesn't give a shit about global warming. 

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/06/02/kathy-griffin-breaks-down-made-horrible-horrible-call-broke-me.html

Kathy Griffin broke down in tears during a news conference the comedian and her lawyers held Friday to discuss the fallout from the comedian posing with a likeness of President Donald Trump’s severed head.

Griffin addressed the backlash that followed the photo being published on Tuesday, telling reporters her career is over after she says the Trump family systematically "mobilized their armies" against her.

"I'm going to be honest," she said through tears. "He broke me, he broke me, he broke me."

This is the first time Griffin has spoken out since she was relieved of her duties Wednesday as CNN’s New Year’s Eve host. When asked by a reporter if she has heard from her New Year’s Eve co-host Anderson Cooper, she shook her head while holding back tears.

"It's hurtful to me," Griffin said. "There's a bunch of old white guys trying to silence me and I'm just here to say that it's wrong."

She did not mention being dumped as Squatty Potty's celebrity spokesperson.

That last glorious line.

6 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Fuck that cunt, now it all seems staged to spark her careel back into existence, and since she made it all about Trump being mean to her.

Based on how she keeps losing gigs I don't think it went as planned.

Other than seeing her for advertisements on CNN promoting her New Years Eve events, co-hosting with Anderson Cooper 360, which I've never watched because I'm usually hanging with my friends on that night, I honestly don't know how Kathy Griffin became a thing. I'm reading her Wikipedia page and I've never watched anything that she's actually starred in. (I mean yes, I guess she was an extra in "Pulp Fiction" and did some voice work on animated series).

How did she become a thing? Was she some casting couch promotion or does she just hang out in the right circle of friends?

Edit: Found the answer.

Since 2012, Griffin has been in a relationship with marketing executive Randy Bick.[109] She resided in the Hollywood Hills from 2004 to 2016.[110] Since then she has resided in Bel Air, where her next-door neighbors are Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.[110]