Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

19 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Yeah, it's total shit, Trump should get some kudos for his VA firing bill at the very least.  SO any bets on 2018 being a gaint shitshow for the dems with the violent, mean spirited, lie filled, anti American shit they have spewed since the election? I bet they get slaughtered again. It's clear they still have no idea they lost, now that the idiotic collusion thing has dried up. It's sad really, their failure to figure out why Trump won may lose them their gains in trans acceptance, and hurt the advances to Gay rights.  

My guess is 2018 will be a slaughter where the Republicans win even more seats. 2020 will see Trump win with the kind of mandate Obama had in 2008. So basically, I'm expecting a new dark age glorious reich of conservative dominance and the eventual deposition of RINOs in the party.

4 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

My guess is 2018 will be a slaughter where the Republicans win even more seats. 2020 will see Trump win with the kind of mandate Obama had in 2008. So basically, I'm expecting a new dark age glorious reich of conservative dominance and the eventual deposition of RINOs in the party.

I agree, they could take a big enough hit even Roe V Wade could be in the mix. 

9 minutes ago, ShamefurDispray said:

That the Dems are desperate to keep Voter ID off the books so they can keep busing illegals to vote in different districts?

I right as important as voting, is safeguarded so well, they won't even look at your ID! My second amendment rights are 'protected' by all kinds of tests and ID, and fingerprints. 

I betting the left goes after hate speech amendments to the first amendment next. They keep saying it so often, hell even famous war Hero and democrat John "Bomb the fuckers" McCain has even said it!  

I'm of mixed opinions on this.  Here in Canada voter ID has been mandatory for a long time. but we don't have political parties shutting down places where you can get voter ID for political gain like I've seen in some states in the US.  And then there is the whole 'pole tax' law that y'all have down there. Basically, from what I remember in certain states it's illegal for it to cost any money for you to vote. So the voter ID should be free otherwise it consists of a pole tax, which is illegal.

I don't have a problem ideologically with voter ID laws, but ID has to be reasonably obtainable.  If politicians are making it hard for people to get ID by closing locations where you can get it, especially in low income areas then it looks more than a little shady to me. YMMV.

I will admit that I speak from a place of priviledge on this issue. Elections Canada is usually remarkably both non partisan and competent in administering the election proccess up here.  It is under a remarkable amount of political control in the US, which leads to all sorts of fuckery from both sides from what I've seen.

Wow, the dems marketing team has been really off this season. First they had the meaningless and uninspired "I'm with Her". Then they followed it with the "Love Trumps Hate", which is usually misread in the imperative mood. Later they brought us several prominent dem leaders standing next to a big sign that said "Make America Sick Again", making it seem like that was the dems message to contrast MAGA. And now we have them calling the republicans the "Death Party". Seriously, I might change my affiliation from independent just so I can be part of that. I mean, I'm already a member of the patriarchy, which only the most metal of secret societies, and I have some magical oppressive privilege from simply being white. Leave it to the dems to make something that was once considered incredibly boring and uninteresting suddenly sound so kick ass.

1 hour ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/24/politics/white-house-ramadan-celebration/index.html?sr=fbcnni062517white-house-ramadan-celebration1150PMVODtopLink&linkId=39090382

For the first time in two decades, Ramadan was not celebrated in the white house.

What a shocker.

I am gonna throw out a guess and say that the "old tradition" of celebrating Ramadan is in fact a new tradition that counts itself as a continuation of something that happened once a couple hundred years prior, like Thanksgiving or the Olympics.

I just can't see, for example, Teddy Roosevelt or Woodrow Wilson going out of their way to make sure Ramadan was celebrated every year.

17 minutes ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

In another source, it stated that the first celebration of Ramadan was in the early 1800s. 

It went on and extrapolated from there, to say it is a "200 year old tradition" that Trump trashed.

Made for a laugh.

Well, Jefferson timed a dinner once to coincide with Eid al-Fitr as a courtesy to his Tunisian guest.

But I just looked it up, and it seems the "tradition" goes back to 1996. The Clintons started it, and the Bushes and Obamas continued doing it.

On 6/23/2017 at 10:47 PM, Ulric said:

Wow, the dems marketing team has been really off this season. First they had the meaningless and uninspired "I'm with Her". Then they followed it with the "Love Trumps Hate", which is usually misread in the imperative mood. Later they brought us several prominent dem leaders standing next to a big sign that said "Make America Sick Again", making it seem like that was the dems message to contrast MAGA. And now we have them calling the republicans the "Death Party". Seriously, I might change my affiliation from independent just so I can be part of that. I mean, I'm already a member of the patriarchy, which only the most metal of secret societies, and I have some magical oppressive privilege from simply being white. Leave it to the dems to make something that was once considered incredibly boring and uninteresting suddenly sound so kick ass.

I'm a terrible person for this... But oh well...

Make America Sick Again... MASA? Damn democrats and their constant plotting to reinstate slavery!

Which, honestly isn't even remotely untrue enough to be really funny... I will never understand that sick codependent and abusive relationship either...