Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

I think the way these things work is that the cops cordon off an area and check everyone going to the event for weapons.  I don't think they say, "oh yeah, that dude has an arquebus and a gambeson, but those were invented before 1700, so it's cool."  There is also evidence that the police were given stand-down orders, and that's the reason things got as out of hand as they did.  Someone should hang for that, but I honestly doubt anything will be done.

As I understand it, the antifa at the Berkley bash cached weapons at the location beforehand.

45 minutes ago, Collimatrix said:

I think the way these things work is that the cops cordon off an area and check everyone going to the event for weapons.  I don't think they say, "oh yeah, that dude has an arquebus and a gambeson, but those were invented before 1700, so it's cool."  There is also evidence that the police were given stand-down orders, and that's the reason things got as out of hand as they did.  Someone should hang for that, but I honestly doubt anything will be done.

As I understand it, the antifa at the Berkley bash cached weapons at the location beforehand.

Cache some trash to bash the fash?

30 minutes ago, Collimatrix said:

As long as the police are setting aside areas for political extremists to fight each other (props on selecting Berkley), wouldn't it make more sense to supply both sides with weapons to ensure some degree of fairness?

Sounds like government handouts to me, the libertarians should fight with their bootstraps.

3 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

But the .gov took private weapons from the Libertarians, while turning a blind eye to the cache weapons. 

It's business as usual.

If the libertarians have any overlap with the open carry people, then I'd bet that it's more a case of being dumb enough to walk in with weapons in view and then get pissy when the cops want to confiscate them in exactly the sort of way that makes the cops take a second, harder, look for things to take.

One thing cops in the are inherently not fond of: people being difficult or disrespectful to them while they're doing their jobs. This holds regardless of what the exact thing it is that they're doing.

8 hours ago, Collimatrix said:

It varies from police department to police department.

For instance at the Milo Yackoffinasock event held at the University of Washington on Inauguration Day, the UW campus police basically just sat back and watched as a riot unfolded. No arrests and only a handful of weapons from the protesters were confiscated. This is the same event, btw, where the wife of a Milo fan gut shot with her Glock a International Workers of the World wobbly enforcer who had jumped her husband during a back and forth. The couple turned themselves into the campus police the next day.

I've been through numerous protests/riots and with the Seattle PD, they basically let the kiddies have a good scream in the streets before the shield wall, bike cops, flash bangs and horse patrol come in to slowly and methodically push the protesters off the streets and into a direction that they want to go. Talking to the cops, it's basic phalanx and cavalry tactics.

They'll use the flashbangs to clear space. The bike cops ride in, dismount and use their bikes as temporary barricades and then the shield wall comes in to hold that ground. Bike cops move back and remount. The horse cops follow sedately and are actually kind of there to promote good will since Seattleites like pretty horses. 

In the meantime, there are spotters on the high rises with binos trying to scope out anyone with real weapons, guns, knives or whatever and they have radios which they use to call down catch-and-remove orders to the plain clothes cops mingling with the protesters who will nab anyone really dangerous.

I've taken Mrs. The Captain to the small scale riot in Seattle after the Super Bowl win in Pioneer Square so she could see what one looks like. I got us up on the Sinking Ship parking garage and we had a nice view of the tactics and we chatted with the horse cops afterwards.

The funniest part of the evening were the black people - mostly middle aged black women - egging on the cops to beat the asses of the almost entirely white rioters.

Speaking of violent protestors, weaponized autism did it again and the cunt who was whacking people with a bike lock has most likely been ID'ed.  

The guy had his face covered while whacking people, but he made the mistake of not having it covered the entire day, despite everyone everywhere recording everything.  He helped teach philosophy at SFSU and generally had a lot of himself online to doublecheck stuff with.  A lot of the things he wore there are also things he often has on him for normal stuff.  Same facial features, pen, eye color, clothes, boots, backpack, glasses, bike lock, was at the rally, and nuked his online presence once he was found.  Isn't 100% proof, but it's rather convincing.

This is apparently from his okcupid or something.  Elsewhere on the page says he's interested in "helping to precipate the end of civil society" and spends a lot of time thinking about revolution.  Sapiosexual is a new one for me (google tells me it's sexual attraction to intelligence, so in other terms he's fedorasexual).

vj4uL8i.png

8 hours ago, ApplesauceBandit said:

This is apparently from his okcupid or something.  Elsewhere on the page says he's interested in "helping to precipate the end of civil society" and spends a lot of time thinking about revolution.  Sapiosexual is a new one for me (google tells me it's sexual attraction to intelligence, so in other terms he's fedorasexual).

I don't understand how "I only have sex with people I'm attracted to" became an identity.

13 hours ago, Donward said:

I was under the impression that "Sapio-sexual" meant that the guy was a monkey fucker. Boy do I feel dumb!

Which, thankfully, means that you're now less likely to find him humping your leg on a cold, dark night.