Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

2 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

you know, a quick trip to Snopes would have told you that Limbaughs point is false.

someone who would know our actual response times didn't publicly confirm them because

-a book that says four minutes in reference to something different than what was said

-an old 'rule of thumb' based on how long it would take Soviet nukes to land in the UK once the sirens started blaring

-civilian experts making educated guesses

19 minutes ago, Belesarius said:

I was going to comment on the similarities between it and articles in American media, then I saw both the authors are New York Times people.

1 minute ago, Ramlaen said:

I was going to comment on the similarities between it and slander articles in American media, then I saw both the authors are New York Times people.

I didn't notice the author initially.  I'm increasingly vexed with media concentration.  The Star is a big enough paper to have a Washington correspondent, and the reporting by their reporters is usually pretty solid.

3 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

Nobody wants Israel to stop cooperating. Well, maybe T__A, but he thinks a lot of weird shit.

My question is, isn't the media trying to bait and switch us? They seem to be trying to draw a connection between "Trump telling the Russians classified info" and "classified info leaking and compromising Israeli agents". Except those aren't the same thing; Trump didn't publicize the classified info, the "whistleblowers" did. Or do I have it wrong?

Apparently Putin is offering their records of the meeting.

On 17.05.2017 at 0:47 PM, Mighty_Zuk said:

You do know what happens if Israel stops delivering intel to the US, right?

The Mossad+ISA-CIA+NSA are very well connected to the point where information practically flows in an almost uncontrolled way.

Unless you don't mind the occasional terrorist attacks, keeping a steady flow of intel between the two countries is the best choice.

Looking at what Israel does in Syria, i can say that damage that alread was done is much higher than what this secret information "leak" could have done. I would belive that Isreal is fighting terrorist if they bothered to shoot at ISIS assholes or at least strike them like 1-2 times per month. 

4 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

Looking at what Israel does in Syria, i can say that damage that alread was done is much higher than what this secret information "leak" could have done. I would belive that Isreal is fighting terrorist if they bothered to shoot at ISIS assholes or at least strike them like 1-2 times per month. 

So Hamas and Hezbollah are not terrorist groups? And Israel has attacked ISIS on numerous occasions. Not only in Syria but also in Egypt, Gaza, and the West Bank.

It's just that Israel doesn't want to provoke a confrontation with ISIS, because that would mean more terrorist attacks inside Israel, and less attention to the actual enemies.

ISIS is not different than any of the hundreds of terrorist groups operating in Syria and around the world. They're just well known for using social media for their benefit. And if Israel waged war on every terrorist group in the world, well that would just be a stupid thing to do.

Hezbollah and Hamas are the primary targets, and the strikes in Syria are aimed at hurting Hezbollah. 

18 minutes ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

So Hamas and Hezbollah are not terrorist groups? 

DId i said that X or Y is not terrorists organisation? Hamas can go to hell, anyway. 

And Israel has attacked ISIS on numerous occasions

It's just that Israel doesn't want to provoke a confrontation with ISIS

Your words contradict themselfs.

Fucking Turkey did more to fight with ISIS than Israel.

ISIS is not different than any of the hundreds of terrorist groups operating in Syria and around the world.

It is different as it is not just a dog on a short chain like FSA, it is/was capable of conventional warfare. ISIS is quasi-state build on crazy ideology and have capability to exist for decades if not crushed with military forces. This is not some rag-tag bunch of idiots in Dagestan, not mass shooter in Paris or some random ISIS supporters in shooting US and not bunch of forest rebels in outskirts of the world that do nothing more than suck resources of locals into their pockets.

And if Israel waged war on every terrorist group in the world....

ISIS is operating on Israel border, with only 1 tank shot sended at them in 4 months. I posted an interview with that tankcrew somewhere in Syrian thread.

Hezbollah and Hamas are the primary targets, and the strikes in Syria are aimed at hurting Hezbollah. 

Those strikes hurt SAA way more than Al-Mukowama. Al-Mukowama have a fucking armored batalion in Al-Quseir parading around and Israel strikes warehouses with ammunition for SAA/NDF. Great fight with Hezbollah! Its like if we claimed that we fight with ISIS and bombed some random road block posts once per month.

8 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

DId i said that X or Y is not terrorists organisation? Hamas can go to hell, anyway. 

Your words contradict themselfs.

Fucking Turkey did more to fight with ISIS than Israel.

It is different as it is not just a dog on a short chain like FSA, it is/was capable of conventional warfare. ISIS is quasi-state build on crazy ideology and have capability to exist for decades if not crushed with military forces. This is not some rag-tag bunch of idiots in Dagestan, not mass shooter in Paris or some random ISIS supporters in shooting US and not bunch of forest rebels in outskirts of the world that do nothing more than suck resources of locals into their pockets.

ISIS is operating on Israel border, with only 1 tank shot sended at them in 4 months. I posted an interview with that tankcrew somewhere in Syrian thread.

Those strikes hurt SAA way more than Al-Mukowama. Al-Mukowama have a fucking armored batalion in Al-Quseir parading around and Israel strikes warehouses with ammunition for SAA/NDF. Great fight with Hezbollah! Its like if we claimed that we fight with ISIS and bombed some random road block posts once per month.

At least from Israel's perspective, there are 2 main reasons not to strike ISIS inside Syria (Egypt is a different case. Occasional drone strikes with approval):

1)No intervention policy. Even when Israel strikes Hezbollah in Syria, it does so to harm Hezbollah's operational capabilities inside Lebanon.

2)ISIS has already lost significant territory without Israeli intervention, so given enough time it will go away without Israel breaking a sweat.

The armored battalion does not pose a threat to Israel. If used against Israel, it would be a very easy target that will be among the weaponry destroyed in the first or second waves.

They will have little to no effect against Israel.

But there is no indication that it will move to Lebanon for a war with Israel. It will likely deplete before the Syrian war ends.

Personally, I dont see how these airstrikes hurt the SAA/NDF.

None of their personnel is killed during the attacks, neither are Hezbollah personnel killed, to not provoke an attack.

And the destroyed arms are destined for Hezbollah in Lebanon either way. Israel does not destroy arms transfers for the Syrian branch of Hezbollah due to non intervention policy and other reasons.