Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

Strange that they never ran this headline for the US elections:

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/05/iran-presidential-elections-rouhani/527283/

Gold:

While the differences between Rouhani and Raisi are meaningful, and the competition between them is genuine, four decades of Iranian presidential elections have had little impact on Iran’s major domestic and foreign policies.  

11 hours ago, Ramlaen said:

Time magazine thinks Saint Basil's Cathedral is the Kremlin.

I didn't understood what you were talking about until i googled it. lol

DAIFwqpUIAEDy0k.jpg

While we at it, can we get some New york Kremlinazed as well? It will be so strange - giant towers of glass and reb bricks with funny colorful roofs and doms.

3 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

I didn't understood what you were talking about until i googled it. lol

While we at it, can we get some New york Kremlinazed as well? It will be so strange - giant towers of glass and reb bricks with funny colorful roofs and doms.

I'd go to the Palace of the Soviets sticking out of Manhattan. 

Our low opinion of Saudi Arabia and their royal family aside, the reception that Trump received today is significant.

Your sword Mr. President.

Edit:

Also, presumably everything has been checked off by the Secret Service, but it is rather - jarring? - watching the President without any Secret Service protection within 20-30 feet of him in a crowded room with a bunch of sword wielding Arabs.

On 5/17/2017 at 7:49 PM, T___A said:

b2EmbQF.jpg

16 minutes ago, ShamefurDispray said:

pretty sure top right is supposed to have riots from massive unemployment and potential starvation

Nah man. The top right one is correct. And if you've watched any sort of Sci-Fi, it is the most frightening future of the four shown. Because in the Sci-Fi universe, orderly Utopias are the worst possible futures and fraught with the threat of harboring authoritarian terror states. See the Minority Report or AI or - fuck, I can't remember but you know the couple movies they made where everyone in the future is equal and they're basically controlled by a benevolent computer/secret society where technology and order has replaced personal freedom and initiative.

OK. 

That last bit didn't narrow down the list.

But you get the point I'm trying to make.

With the other three, the antagonist is clearly known and mankind has a clear enemy to fight. With BernieWorld, controlling everything, how do you convince the Millennials Mark 6.0 that they must rebel against an oppressor?

I find it very interesting that FOX was 52% negative.  That is very telling to me. I'd have expected it to be higher in his favor.

Translation: Almost everyone agrees he's doing a shit job. FOX, the general source of  right wing whackjob 'news' is even slightly against him.

I find the reaction of the Saudi's to be very telling.  If Trump was as much of a wild card as everyone seems to think he is, I would have bet the Saudis would have been an easy target. The fact that he's all fucking buddy buddy with them shows a lot. And it isn't complimentary.

26 minutes ago, Belesarius said:

I find it very interesting that FOX was 52% negative.  That is very telling to me. I'd have expected it to be higher in his favor.

Translation: Almost everyone agrees he's doing a shit job. FOX, the general source of  right wing whackjob 'news' is even slightly against him.

All the media outlets believe he's doing a shit job, including FOX. Remember, FOX was aligned against the guy during the election, until they had to get on the train or be left behind.

I'm gonna be honest and say that what the media thinks has absolutely no bearing on how I feel about something. The media - including FOX - is a bag of dicks.

Now does that mean Trump is doing well? No idea! With the first non-political, non-military President in our history, how do you even begin to measure that, anyway?

29 minutes ago, Belesarius said:

It either means he is doing a shit job, or media outlets that present themselves as hostile to him actually are hostile to him.

5 minutes ago, Belesarius said:

I find the reaction of the Saudi's to be very telling.  If Trump was as much of a wild card as everyone seems to think he is, I would have bet the Saudis would have been an easy target. The fact that he's all fucking buddy buddy with them shows a lot. And it isn't complimentary.

What does it show? Seems to be typical Trump behavior, to me. When he wants to influence someone, he cuddles up to them first. Pretty much SOP with him. Dilbertman would probably call that "pacing and leading" or something.

Here's a thought experiment. Whenever Trump acts cozy with someone, forget it's Trump. Put Mattis in there instead. What does it look like? A bit like "no better friend, no worse enemy", yeah?

I mean, in a bizarre Trump kind of way.

3 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

What does it show? Seems to be typical Trump behavior, to me. When he wants to influence someone, he cuddles up to them first. Pretty much SOP with him. Dilbertman would probably call that "leading and pacing" or something.

No matter what peoples opinion of Saudi Arabia are, it is still an important geopolitical ally of the United States.

Is Trump supposed to go over there and say "Hey, fuck you!"?

Just now, Ramlaen said:

No matter what peoples opinion of Saudi Arabia are, it is still an important geopolitical ally of the United States.

Is Trump supposed to go over there and say "Hey, fuck you!"?

Much as I would like him to glass the place, that's right. Simply not on the table.