Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

To me it isn't that big of news and is a no-brainer, but it is astounding to me the political nerds actually thought a Democrat was going to win the open congressional seat in Montana.

Furthermore, it is humorous that they thought Montanans (Montanians? Montanites? Mount-them-sheep-men?) would have disapproved of a candidate body-slamming an annoying left-wing newspaper reporter. Have they ever BEEN to Montana?

Also, if Democrats thought that a candidate roughing up a reporter in the final days of an election is enough of an issue for voters to reject that candidate, maybe, just maybe, they should rethink this whole early voting nonsense where people can mail in their ballot weeks ahead of an election. I heard that something like 70 percent of Montanans had already voted before this "scandal" erupted. Gee. Maybe it would be smart for an election day to actually be one day just in case a candidate goes apeshit crazy in the final stressful days of an election?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/25/us/montana-special-election.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

4 hours ago, Donward said:

To me it isn't that big of news and is a no-brainer, but it is astounding to me the political nerds actually thought a Democrat was going to win the open congressional seat in Montana.

Furthermore, it is humorous that they thought Montanans (Montanians? Montanites? Mount-them-sheep-men?) would have disapproved of a candidate body-slamming an annoying left-wing newspaper reporter. Have they ever BEEN to Montana?

Also, if Democrats thought that a candidate roughing up a reporter in the final days of an election is enough of an issue for voters to reject that candidate, maybe, just maybe, they should rethink this whole early voting nonsense where people can mail in their ballot weeks ahead of an election. I heard that something like 70 percent of Montanans had already voted before this "scandal" erupted. Gee. Maybe it would be smart for an election day to actually be one day just in case a candidate goes apeshit crazy in the final stressful days of an election?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/25/us/montana-special-election.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Typical lefty hysteria and hypocrisy, since the left is now all about violence against groups they don't like, like freedom of speech protesters. This guy was just protecting himself from the new violent left. 

Donald Trump is angling for the Clan of the comieboo/anti-Wehraboo vote when he says "The Germans are bad, very bad".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/trumps-alleged-slight-against-germans-generates-confusion-backlash/2017/05/26/0325255a-4219-11e7-b29f-f40ffced2ddb_story.html?utm_term=.ca7ba36e0dd6

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/26/germans-bad-really-bad-donald-trump-tells-eu-officials/

Naturally the whole media complex is in an uproar.

Personally?

It seems to me Donald Trump is making yet another inside joke and is possibly referring to this scene in Band of Brothers.

52 minutes ago, Belesarius said:

So I can definitely see how people might think that was a little weird, but to me the body language was more that of a young guy coming at his friends from behind than a rude "shove". Weird for a head of state to do? You fucking bet, but I'm not sure I buy the hysterical narrative about how this is proof of Trump's narcissism and ego.

Plus, the guy he "shoved" doesn't seem to mind:

Markovic, afterward, responded to questions by shrugging it off.

“This was an inoffensive situation,” Markovic said. “I do not see it in any other way.”

On a related note, I really want to create a twitter account that overanalyzes every single movement and twitch that Trump makes and spins them into ridiculous theories about why he's secretly in league with Satan or whatever.

Only problem is, I'm worried it might be redundant with what the media's already doing.

1 hour ago, Donward said:

Donald Trump is angling for the Clan of the comieboo/anti-Wehraboo vote when he says "The Germans are bad, very bad".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/trumps-alleged-slight-against-germans-generates-confusion-backlash/2017/05/26/0325255a-4219-11e7-b29f-f40ffced2ddb_story.html?utm_term=.ca7ba36e0dd6

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/26/germans-bad-really-bad-donald-trump-tells-eu-officials/

Naturally the whole media complex is in an uproar.

Personally?

It seems to me Donald Trump is making yet another inside joke and is possibly referring to this scene in Band of Brothers.

We've got two cases in as many days of the media getting "offended" on behalf of people who didn't seem to have a problem with Trump's comments/actions. So I think that gives us an idea of what's going on here, and there are no surprises.

1 hour ago, Belesarius said:

Rewatching it again, it appears that the PM's arm was under Trumps left arm when he was touching Trumps back. If I didn't know any better I would say they patted each others backs as Trump pushed his way past.

887d6dc6391367ff698822b8b268bdf0.gif

Edited by Ramlaen

I have full on given up on the traditional/mainstream/mediawingDNC and no longer watch any of the letter networks or fox. The state of political discourse is so bad, mostly because the two main parties are run by senile old assholes like McCain and Pelosi, or spineless new people. I really think once the baby boomer politicians die off things will get better.