Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Polish small arms.

Damian

So yeah, maybe I gonna show here some of the more recent development. Let's start with our latest projects, the MSBS and PR-15.

MSBS (Modułowy System Broni Strzeleckiej - Modular Small Arms System) as it's codename says is program focused on developing new family of modular small arms for military, law enforcement and civilian use.

The first variant is developed for NATO 5.56x45mm cartridge.

What is interesting is that MSBS is based on a single, common upper receiver to which various modules can be attached thus creating several weapons types in both classic and bullpup configuration.

1642792_-_main.jpg

p1642793.jpg

1. From top to bottom in classic configuration.
- Carbine

- Rifle

- Rifle + under barrel granade launcher

- Magazine fed LMG

- Marksman rifle

- Ceremonial rifle

2. From top to bottom in bullpup configuration.
- Carbine

- Rifle

- Rifle + under barrel granade launcher

- Magazine fed LMG

- Marksman rifle

msbs762-mspo2016.jpg

Also MSBS for 7.62x51mm cartridge is being in development, both as marksman rifle to replace the SVD, and also as a battle rifle.

Screen-Shot-2016-09-14-at-3.34.27-PM.png

MSBS was also adopted for 7.62x39mm cartridge seen here compared to 5.56x45mm variant.

msbs6.jpg

Also a 12 gauge shotgun variant is considered and seems to be in early development stage.

Worth to mention is that also a 40mm UBGL was redesigned.

i-i12-06-051msbs2.jpg

Original design was replaced with new, more classic and more compact one.

granatnik.jpg
gp-msbs01.jpg
gp-msbs02.jpg

Also older GPBO-40 and other types of UBGL can be used.

i-i10-11-072konferencja_05.jpg
i-i10-11-072konferencja_06.jpg

Here is episode of Our Army where we can see a great presentation of MSBS ergonomics and functionality. It starts at 3:20.

Few words of my own experience with the rifle, it's a bit heavier than standard wz.96 Beryl rifle I am now issued with as a reservist in the army, however MSBS is extremely ergonomic, in terms of ergonomy it's better than AR15 or G36 I also had chance to get some time with.

Also during last MSPO I talked with one of the FB engineers working on the project and it seems everything is going well, rifle meet and as I was said even exceeded reliability requirements.

MSBS will also receive new magazines despite a fact it can use standard STANAG mags.

_fb_magazynek_01.jpg

A standard 30 round magazine.

_fb_magazynek_08.jpg

10 round magazine.

_fb_magazynek_09.jpg

Special magazine for blanks only for use in ceremonial rifle variant.

Another new weapon designed by Fabryka Broni is new service pistol PR-15 it's general design can be called evolution of MAG-95/98 pistol, also designed by Fabryka Broni, it's fully ambidextreous, and is a really nice pistol, also had it in my hands during last MSPO and it feels good, very ergonomic.

fb8.jpg
fb7.jpg

That's all for now.

8 hours ago, Belesarius said:

I love the look of the MSBS bullpup carbine for some goofy reason.  It's very futuristic looking.

It's extremely ergonomic for a bullpup, altough I was trained with classic configuration weapons in the army, and I found it in the first place a bit awkward to handle... training needed I guess. ;)

Ok so now about something older.

Currently the basic carbine is wz.1996 Beryl in various versions.

beryl_mini-beryl.jpg

This is wz.96A a basic variant and my currently issued weapon as a soldier of National Reserve Forces, it's a pretty nice weapon compared to AKMS I had during my basic course, I like it's stock, much better than AKMS stock, new fire mode selector is a good thing, at least for people with right hand being their dominant one.

DSC_0697_zps523c83f3.jpg

This is wz.96B, a very rare model, that was designed during our mission in Iraq if I am not mistaken, never actually seen them in person, it was first attempt to integrate Beryl with picatinny rails.

Beryl_rifle_POL.jpg

And this is newest wz.96C (also known as wz.2004), it uses new hand guard with integral picatinny rails, new stock with adjustable lenght, interesting thing is that primary picatinny rail is detachable from upper receiver.

http://www.works11.pl/upload/products_img/21/2.jpg

This is wz.96C Mini Beryl, sub carbine version for vehicle crews, and soldiers that need a lighter and more compact weapon.

12_resize-640x480.jpg

And this is experimental variant called sometimes wz.96D, it have new iron sights attached to picatinny rails, primary rail is now integral part of upper receiver, also it have new magazine well that can use standard STANAG mags. Upper receiver cover is also now on a hinges.

beryl-nigeria1.jpg

beryl-nigeria2.jpg

Beryl M762 for 7,62x39mm ammo, currently purchased by Nigeria.

beryl-nigeria3.jpg

Comparision of 3 variants of Beryl, from top wz.96C, M545 for 5,45x39mm, M762 for 7,62x39mm.

Also it's worth to watch some more videos from FB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...