Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Crossout thread.

What I've decided to do is collect stuff like stop sign fragments while they're dirt cheap, wait a bit after the event, then sell for a profit.  Last night I was spending 0.02 per fragment and getting 0.05 back, now just stockpiling and hoping the price ends up closer to what the graffiti dusk paint fragments sit at now.  Same deal with duster cabins, though those aren't as simple to buy on a whim and I imagine will see a slower increase in value.

So, I built myself a stealth Akbar mobile. It's power score is just under 4k, and it's armed with two vectors and two explosive spears. This armament servers two purposes: to hide it's true nature, and to remove weapons, wheels, armor, etc from enemy vehicles to make them more vulnerable. The true payload is seven fuel barrels and an ammo crate. These are carefully hidden under a thin layer of scrap and paint, and the cab windows are obstructed so people can't tell that you are about to self destruct. I took it out for the first time, and I got one kill with an explosive spear, and one with self destruction. I'll post a picture of it later.

brOKHOS.jpg

We encountered quite a few 2k builds the last time we were clubbing. So I tweaked my  1709PS 4 chord build. It's now up to 930 HP and a power score of 1999. I call the design "Prince". All I did was add half walls, quarter walls, and avia panels to the back of it. 17% increase in PS gets me over 50% increase in HP.

The duckpocalypse is upon us.

CX6oIYH.png

Enough pieces for 10 ducks should get me by, any more that I buy will be for the purpose of selling off.  Now I can finally progress in the game instead of buying ducks.  I started today with 40.00 shekels and ~250 duck fragments, ended broke but with now 383 duck fragments.

Abusing Inconsistencies in the Crossout Parts Stats for Fun and Profit

Some of the most enjoyable things about the Crossout beta in the 0.7.10 build are that the game is particularly well balanced, and that it heavily rewards picking on new players.  Here are several discrepancies in the current parts balance that I sincerely recommend you take advantage of:

1)  Frame parts (the big flat square ones in the same category as the cabins) have a 1:1 hit point to power score ratio.  Scavenger parts have a better ratio, but according to spreadsheets that have been spread around, frame parts have hidden damage reduction modifiers against most types of damage.  This is why you see some builds with gigantic frames that spill out past the rest of the build; they're the easiest, cheapest source of hit points.

2)  Consolidating weapons and parts is always better.  The most egregious example I know of is the purple ammo rack vs the blue one.  The purple one is lower power score, tougher, and gives the same benefit as two blue ones.

3)  I was going to finish this post, but I got drunk instead and now I'm tired and stuff.

16 hours ago, Collimatrix said:

Abusing Inconsistencies in the Crossout Parts Stats for Fun and Profit

Some of the most enjoyable things about the Crossout beta in the 0.7.10 build are that the game is particularly well balanced, and that it heavily rewards picking on new players.  Here are several discrepancies in the current parts balance that I sincerely recommend you take advantage of:

1)  Frame parts (the big flat square ones in the same category as the cabins) have a 1:1 hit point to power score ratio.  Scavenger parts have a better ratio, but according to spreadsheets that have been spread around, frame parts have hidden damage reduction modifiers against most types of damage.  This is why you see some builds with gigantic frames that spill out past the rest of the build; they're the easiest, cheapest source of hit points.

2)  Consolidating weapons and parts is always better.  The most egregious example I know of is the purple ammo rack vs the blue one.  The purple one is lower power score, tougher, and gives the same benefit as two blue ones.

3)  I was going to finish this post, but I got drunk instead and now I'm tired and stuff.

Drunkenness explains why you are wrong about the frame parts. Frames have a much more favorable ratio than 1:1. Usually the PS is closer to half the HP. It's always worthwhile to replace armor parts with frame parts of you are up against your parts limit.

I recently unlocked more frame parts, and more my 1999PS club mobile has well over 1000hp, I managed to add about 100hp just by replacing armor with frame.

Update: OK, so, frames have 2.4:1 HP/PS ratio. In addition to this, they do take reduced damage (at least from machineguns, that's all that I tested). As you can see, one shot from a vector to a cab would do 7 damage, while the same shot to a frame piece would do 2 damage. These are rounded numbers, as the vector does less than 2 damage per shot. I tested it with 3 vectors and was getting 5 damage per shot to frame pieces, while it would do 20 to a cab. So it's probably safe to say that frames take 25% of the damage than other components, while having 2.4:1 HP/PS

xXvDubS.jpg

Sl2GdC2.jpg

LTrI54C.jpg

I've got my second duck about finished getting crafted, but suddenly...

qIhuMaz.jpg

Also, seems that with leviathans (at least with what I see with my 5500 PS vehicle), cannons seem to easily be the most effective weapon to stick on it.  If it's just MGs and shotguns, all the players need to do is sit back and kill it from a distance.  Range with cannons is not an issue for the AI however and they really wreck other players when there are half a dozen cannons firing.  Mine has only seen one battle so far, but won it.  The thing's got about 6 cannons, 3 turret droppers, an autocannon, and some smaller guns.  The most effective one I've come across was just a bunch of the turreted 57mm guns.

20 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

What is a "leviathan"?

When you reach level 17, you can make yourself a very large vehicle with ~150 pieces and ~60 energy.  You don't get to drive it, but an AI will pilot it and fight players in that one raid game type.  Each time it wins for you, you'll earn 15 copper, nothing happens on defeats.

Completely redid my leviathan yesterday so it has two cannons on each side instead of one, seems to have gotten me another win, leaving me at 2-0.  I'm pretty certain that despite being run by AI, it does not have infinite ammo for cannons, so sticking in an ammo pack would be wise.  Most people are smart enough to not try to go head on with one, so I would also recommend not focusing so hard on arming and armoring the front.

ONuK51n.jpg