Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

I Learned Something Today

LostCosmonaut

Tabasco (or other sauces made with Tabasco pepper) or sauces made with Cayenne pepper are just fine if you want something a bit spicy and flavorful without craving anything too strong. Nothing wrong with it.

Now, I promise none of you are man enough to eat this regularly. (Even I'm not, and I love hot shit.)

http://store.puckerbuttpeppercompany.com/collections/carolina-reaper-worlds-hottest-pepper/products/born-stupit-wing-sauce

http://store.puckerbuttpeppercompany.com/collections/sauces/products/reaper-squeezins

If I want hot, I'll eat some Thai food.

My wife is Chinese who's traveled to various places in Asia, meaning she's got to eat genuine, non watered down for westerners Asian food and the spiciest they have to handle since basically..... well, nearly her entire life.

Even she can't handle more then a couple bites of food infused with that death sauce, mainly when it's been simmered or otherwise preheated.

Putting ketchup on eggs or hash browns or any other breakfast food is a crime against humanity

Ketchup, Ketchup Uber Alles,

Above every food in the world,

From scrambled eggs to hash browns,

Above every food in the world! 

Above everything in the world,

when for a garnish or condiments,

it always glorps run-illy together .

From the french fries to plump hot dogs,

From fish sticks to our burgers,

Ketchup, Ketchup Uber Alles!

Above every food in the world!

Ketchup fed women, Ketchup brand loyalty,

Ketchup Heinz and Ketchup song

Ketchup shall run over the world

The old Ketchup bottle glorps.

And inspire us to dip our fries

In Ketchup all of our life.

Ketchup fed women, Ketchup brand loyalty,

Ketchup Heinz and Ketchup song!

Putting ketchup on eggs or hash browns or any other breakfast food is a crime against humanity. 

Tabasco is ok… but hollandaise sauce is better.  

On eggs, and Hamburgers/hot dogs and grilled cheese sandwiches are about the only places I use ketchup.

My partner in the SD was immune to peppers, hot sauce, or pepper spray.  Turns out it tastes hot because of a reactions similar in some ways to a histamine reaction, but with a different mode of operation.  Some people have varying degrees of immunity.

Grilled cheese belongs with worcestershire sauce or balsamic vinegar if it's using mozzarella.

I will sometimes add worestershire to ketchup for extra zip.  Siracha/ketchup combo is common when I get a grilled cheese at the bar I drink at after work.