Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The terrible movies and reviews thread

Toxn

On 2/28/2017 at 9:34 PM, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

And the award for, "Blowing your load earlier than a freshman on prom night" goes to...

Maybe it's because it's been a while since I saw Prometheus, or maybe because it was godawful, but wasn't there a problem with the trailers for that one holding it in too long that when we went and saw it the collective response was "That's it?!" ?

I still confused about new Alien and it's connection to/with Prometheus. Is this a reboot? For some reason they shown several creatures, unrelated to Alien (?). They are trying to overcomplicated rather simple story. 

4 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

I still confused about new Alien and it's connection to/with Prometheus. Is this a reboot? For some reason they shown several creatures, unrelated to Alien (?). They are trying to overcomplicated rather simple story. 

It's a direct sequel apparently. Several characters are supposed to return for this one, Michael Fassbender being the most obvious one(he plays both the android from Prometheus and a "rebuilt" version of it hanging with this new crew)

Kong is kinda fun. Don't expect anything original (for one, it's the umpteenth reboot of the franchise), but it achieved its goals. You get 60's era king kong, so it's some kind of weird mashup of a classic kong film and apocalypse now. They've got some really weird biology on the monsters, which gets a bit jarring - a giant monkey is one thing, but bipedal creatures with no forelimbs is pushing it a bit. Main character is a massive gary stu ex-sas, his love interest is similarly a mary sue principled photojournalist fresh from vietnam, but the other characters are plenty agreeable. I'd give it a 7/10

41 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

They... They made it into a horror/action movie with Tom Cruise? WHY?

(I mean, I'd love to see more horror/action flicks, but not like this.)

To be fair, the first part of the original mummy kind of was a horror/action flick. Then Arnold Vosloo got all his bits back and it went to straight action/adventure.