Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The 6.8 SPC Haters Club

Sturgeon

My favorite so far is Mad Gorilla. 

Mad_Gorilla  Nathaniel F.  3 hours ago

It is not disingenuous or misleading. Nearly every military dropped the 6.5 in favor of something in the .30 caliber range. 6.5 just wasn't effective on the battlefield. When everybody went to spitzers in the mid-20's, the 6.5s couldn't compete because the bullets were too light after the change to spitzer. And that was in cases about the same size as the .308. Put a 6.5 in an a case that only has half the powder of the .308, and you still have the same issues. And yes, .013" does make a difference. Everybody rants about BC, but I'll take a lower BC better balanced bullet over a long skinny high BC any day.

I'm just happy that 2002 called. 

McThag  11 hours ago

2002 called, they want their specifications back.

Nathaniel, update your information or stop writing about 6.8. You're embarrassing yourself.

Don Ward  McThag  an hour ago

Strangely enough, 2002 also thinks that Nickelback is awesome, considering how much 2002 loves the song "How You Remind Me".

I wouldn't take what 2002 has to say very seriously.

And that we might as well just use the 30-30 for the next GPC.

Don Ward  9 hours ago

So in other words, time to adopt the 30-30 as the next GPC like I've been saying all along!

Yes. I skipped past everything and only read the last paragraph or two. ;-)

Compare the .30-30 LEVERevolution stuff to 6.8SPC. See what comes out on top. That would be an entertaining, and pointless, article. 

Thread retitled to be more accurate.

Lots of additional lulz to be had over at 68forums, including constructor trying to insult me and accidentally insulting 68forum members, instead.

Damnit, damnit damnit, why did I click that? Why? I hate you, Sturgis-man. 

EDIT: 

After reading through the forum post, some are actually like "Guys, we shouldn't be so quick, did you read his article?" And then the rest do something like this.

"Yeah, so we were wrong and lieing just to get the community angry at this author, but who cares? He hates 6.8. He hates something we love.  We can't abide by that."

Uh oh, "Rifter" over at the 68 forums really put a hurt on the Author! He even says so!

"He got told about his lack of facts by me and and couple of others. I just spent an hour over there dropping the hammer on him. He claims he's been lurking over here but it sure doesn't seem like it. He just doesn't seem to know what really is going on."

Compare the .30-30 LEVERevolution stuff to 6.8SPC. See what comes out on top. That would be an entertaining, and pointless, article. 

Damnit, damnit damnit, why did I click that? Why? I hate you, Sturgis-man. 

EDIT: 

After reading through the forum post, some are actually like "Guys, we shouldn't be so quick, did you read his article?" And then the rest do something like this.

"Yeah, so we were wrong and lieing just to get the community angry at this author, but who cares? He hates 6.8. He hates something we love.  We can't abide by that."

LEVERevolution (and some of the other offerings ) versus 6.8 is exactly what I was thinking about. If only for the LOLs of comparing a 120 year old round that was designed originally for black powder versus one of the latest WunderCalibers.

Lol, that your Firearm blog post generated over 200 comments and plenty of hurt feelings.

Coming up on 300 comments.

I sincerely hope it breaks 600; I got so close with my Robert Scales article, I really want to reach that goal.

And with Donward stirring up shit in that thread about the M4 Sherman, I just might make it.