Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

On 6/11/2017 at 10:06 AM, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Are there mods for WT?

Unfortunately, because WT tracks information from it's players game clients differently than WoT, there's a lot more cheating/hacking.

One of the technical merits of WoT is that it is extremely difficult to cheat in a way that significantly impacts gameplay.  It simply isn't possible to have a mod that reveals the location of enemy players if you don't already know that information.  It is similarly impossible to have a mod that causes your shots to penetrate when they should have ricocheted.  In WOT, if you don't have line of sight to the enemy, the server simply doesn't give you the enemy's location, and the server performs all the penetration calculations on its own and then tells your client what the results were.

WoT 9.19.1 patch notes include....

Added a new Tier X tank: WZ-111-5A. The tank will be available through WZ-111 Model 1-4.

121: Depression of the 122 mm gun 60-122TG is increased from -3.5 to -5 degrees.

113: Depression of the gun 122 mm 60-122TG is increased from -5 degrees to -7 (along the sides).

Paging @Khand-e

It's such a shame that this is coming out now after they have run the game into the ground. If this is really going to be released with those stats, it will just further cement the IS-7 as being the worst tier X heavy. Where is that every present Russian bias when you need it?

27 minutes ago, Ulric said:

It's such a shame that this is coming out now after they have run the game into the ground. If this is really going to be released with those stats, it will just further cement the IS-7 as being the worst tier X heavy. Where is that every present Russian bias when you need it?

They said they were going to buff/change a whole bunch of Russian tanks in an upcoming patch.

Also, aside from the hilariously unbalanced premiums, I'd argue that WG has made quite a few good changes to WoT over the last few patches.

I've not touched WT tanks much lately, but if you're all enjoying BR 1.3 clubbing, I'd recommend giving the NbFz a shot.  While the T-35 relies on brute force, the NbFz has a more fluid feel to it.  The guns are easier to aim, is much more mobile, gets arty, and is easier to use cover with.  T-35 still has multiturrets instead of linked guns (can be good or bad), more crew, and more armor.

lol at the Independent with -4° depression or the Ro-Go with its general badness for a low tier land battleship

15 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

World of Desu. Yes, it is real. No need for animea mods for WOT!

So, if they allow fictional anime "tanks" in, when can I expect to see a Laumer inspired "Bolo Mk33" in game? ("Never" is my guess, as anything that makes a Maus look absurdly small and takes up the entire map is too much even for Wat-gaming).

Just now, Belesarius said:

It sounds hilarious when they are playing.  Is it F2P/microtransaction game?

Yeah, F2P sort of deal like WoT and WT.  I started it Monday night, seems like it's got potential.  Robocraft was pretty similar, but this game seems a lot better on a mechanical level.  Grind though, can't comment on it yet.

I guess it might be OK if you can get past the hand clenching nanny tutorial. I don't know because I alt+f4ed that shit and then uninstalled it because it was so cancerous.

I might add that the tutorial doesn't even give you useful information about the game either. It is a long series of buttons that you have to click before you can even explore the interface for yourself. At no point does explain any key gameplay mechanics, it just forces you to click through certain parts of the interface before letting you get to the game. It is the most useless thing I have seen in video game programming in a long time.