Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

I haven't encountered many of those, yet, but anything with a +75mm gun is a serious threat, especially if they know to aim low. Most people shoot to disable turrets on the T-35, completely avoiding the ammo rack while compartmentalizing the damage that they do.

@Jeeps_Guns_Tanks I've seen you online recently. We should run T-35s together.

18 hours ago, Ulric said:

I haven't encountered many of those, yet, but anything with a +75mm gun is a serious threat, especially if they know to aim low. Most people shoot to disable turrets on the T-35, completely avoiding the ammo rack while compartmentalizing the damage that they do.

@Jeeps_Guns_Tanks I've seen you online recently. We should run T-35s together.

Totally, I'll be on TS and WT tonight, once we get dinner out of the way and the wife goes to bed. So like around 7pm PST.  I may be fueled by the wild turkey tonight.... So there's that. 

@Jeeps_Guns_Tanks and I clubbed many seals with T-35s. We would stick together and fight as a pair, and wherever we did this, the enemy team just seemed to vanish under the hail of 45mm and 76mm shells. However, this technique only allowed us complete (and hilarious) domination of one cap point. This means that you have to rely on your "team" to not shit the bed, and we all know what happens then. At some point, I would love to see a four man T-35 squad.

It's pretty kick ass. 7 second reload right now, and I can get it much lower than that by increasing the crews competency. 230mm APHE and 300mm HEATFS wreck so many things. Also, it has just as many reverse gears as forward gears.....

I had a sweet double kill with my IS-6 as well. I shot a Crusader SPAAG, and apparently the armor was thin enough that the shell didn't fuse, so it over penetrated and then fused when it penned the Ostwind behind it, setting the Ostwind on fire and destroying it. IIRC the Crusader SPAAG died from spalling hitting ammunition rack. 122mm APHE wins again. Glorious D-30 slays all opponents.

12 minutes ago, Ulric said:

It's pretty kick ass. 7 second reload right now, and I can get it much lower than that by increasing the crews competency. 230mm APHE and 300mm HEATFS wreck so many things. Also, it has just as many reverse gears as forward gears.....

I had a sweet double kill with my IS-6 as well. I shot a Crusader SPAAG, and apparently the armor was thin enough that the shell didn't fuse, so it over penetrated and then fused when it penned the Ostwind behind it, setting the Ostwind on fire and destroying it. IIRC the Crusader SPAAG died from spalling hitting ammunition rack. 122mm APHE wins again. Glorious D-30 slays all opponents.

LOL nice!

Jeeps, Tekky, and I went on a 3 man T-35 rage this evening. Jeeps decided to stick with me, because numbers = strength. Normally, this is the correct thing to do, however, with the 3 man T-35 platoon this can be inefficient. As such, I kind of mopped up and stole a bunch of his kills. Tekky, decided to break off from the pack and explore the map at his leisure, slaying hapless opponents that crossed his path. He learned that the while the LTV is an overpowered pile of bullshit, the T-35 is even more so. He encountered several of these things, and though they causes some issues for him, ultimately he prevailed. We had 21 kills and 0 deaths as a squad.

13 hours ago, Ulric said:

Jeeps, Tekky, and I went on a 3 man T-35 rage this evening. Jeeps decided to stick with me, because numbers = strength. Normally, this is the correct thing to do, however, with the 3 man T-35 platoon this can be inefficient. As such, I kind of mopped up and stole a bunch of his kills. Tekky, decided to break off from the pack and explore the map at his leisure, slaying hapless opponents that crossed his path. He learned that the while the LTV is an overpowered pile of bullshit, the T-35 is even more so. He encountered several of these things, and though they causes some issues for him, ultimately he prevailed. We had 21 kills and 0 deaths as a squad.

This was good fun, I was slightly drunk too, and that's not all that much of a problem in a T-35.

Best way to have fun with WT, is  this...

"December Seventh, 1941.  "Japanese forces encounter experimental aircraft bearing British markings  It shoots down over three fourths before falling to fire.  A second, bearing French markings decimates our remaining bombers."..

Or...

"Japanese forces encountered a single  American fighter that shot down ALL our bombers, and managed to severely damage our carriers.   We assume it is some kind of "jet" based on it's swept wingform and lack of propellor. We should hence reconsider attacking  the U.S, mainland".

Followed by-

"9 July 1940- Our forces have encountered numerous English aircraft of unusual firepower and configuration.  They shoot our bombers down in droves, and treat our fighters like toys.  Two "engines" that spout flame mounted on the wings, and heavy cannon in the forward part of the fuselage"..