Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

• 3 weeks later...

I had a game WT tanks that was epic. 

I have now figured out the battle rating system pretty well, and figured out you can Tier a M4A1 at 3.3. and the Lee and Grant at 2.7 and get into games that are matched were the Lee's 37 is still useful and the M4A1 is pretty damn good. 

I didn't even make it to the Sherman, I got 1 kill in the Grant, then 9 on a  m3 Lee rampage that took me back and forth across the map three times!!!

Super-Lee-game.png

shot-2017.07.23-11.51.15-1600x900.jpg4

• 2 weeks later...

Reminded myself of why I quit playing both.

Warthunder- Played straight basic/reserve.. Saw P-51's, Bf-110's, etc. 

WOT - "World of infinite misses".  Meanwhile the premium tanks I shot at seemed to never miss, regardless of my 100% crew, and other addons. 

So , back to rolling dice and moving bits of cardboard and/or lead for a decent tank /AC game. 

The RNG, lack of gun accuracy, and stupid game mechanics (sloped armor worse that flat for given LOS thickness, why not?) Completely killed it for me. Also, the complete lack of anything even resembling reality. Why does the Pz IVH have better camo, better terrain resistance, better power/weight, and because of the aforementioned sloped armor mechanic, better protection than the T-34?

Ok, yeah the T-34 has soft terrain resistance of 2.3, while the Pz.IVH is 2.4, but you think the larger diameter road wheels AND lower ground pressure would make for a little bit more of a difference.

Really, STOP  playing WoT.

Dear lord is it in the gutter.  from where it was when I started to now? Wow.

Really, stop playing.  Play something else, anything, but not WoT. (or Warthunder cause they suck too).

A month of two of abstinence should get the message through.

22 hours ago, Meplat said:

Really, STOP  playing WoT.

Dear lord is it in the gutter.  from where it was when I started to now? Wow.

Really, stop playing.  Play something else, anything, but not WoT. (or Warthunder cause they suck too).

A month of two of abstinence should get the message through.

I took my month or two absence from WoT.

Came back to the same old shit. On the plus side is it somewhat therapeutic to tear some Uniscum WAutism Lab shitter named "SchnitzelTruck" a new one on PM after he messaged me after the match where he bounced two shots off my E-75 with his JGPanzer E100 and i scored two direct hits under his lower plate for 1100 damage whereupon our arty raped him for the rest of the damage.

Good times.

22 hours ago, Ulric said:

Meh, at least Warthunder doesn't actively punish you for being good.

Apparently, WoT is coming out with Polish tanks, and the premium that they are using to launch the nation is...... a tier 6 panther. Justification: the Poles captured a panther during the Warsaw Uprising.

So they're satisfying all wehraboo dreams with premiums tanks still?