Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Stolen from Andrey's blog

http://andrei-bt.livejournal.com/544066.html

b4f179747dc5.jpg

In order to increase the capabilities to combat air targets (primarily - attack helicopters), as well as the tank-dangerous soft enemy forces, in the Central Research Institute "Tochmash" (TsNIITochMash), a set of additional weapons for the T-80 tank was built and tested - a 30-mm automatic cannon 2A42 (similarly mounted on the BMP -3, BMD-3 and BTR-80A). The gun, which has a remote control, is installed in the upper rear part of the turret (while the 12.7-mm "Utes" machine gun is dismantled from commander's hatch). The angles relative to the turret are 120 degre horizontal and -5 / -65 - vertically. Ammunition is 450 shells.

1c72a39a33e8.jpg

Photos of RCWS itself, from otvaga:

Spoiler

vmjSG.jpg

SDWoe.jpg

Nizhny Tagil. "Uralvagonzavod" is preparing to start a serial production of BMPT, also known as "Terminator." At present, about a dozen servicemen have arrived at the enterprise to learn how to operate these new machines. Within two weeks, the sergeants underwent a theoretical course on the design of the BMPT, and are now engaged in acquaintance with the material part of the machine directly in the design bureau.

It is expected that purchases will begin in 2018. Currently, the number of purchased machines is not yet known, but, apparently, will amount to no less than 10 pieces.

via Gurkhan.

Looks like MoD will buy some number of BMPTs. 

10 hours ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

Which makes me wonder why did they delay its exhibition and delivery until now. Instead of sending refurbished T-62M and T-72AV they could have invested a little bit more money, then profit on the fame it will get.

I dunno about that, knowing the SAA they'll surely find a way to fuck it up royally.

16 hours ago, Collimatrix said:

What period was this project from?  I didn't see a year mentioned in the auto-translated document.

I ask because it looks like they're still using the strange, long-necked ammunition similar to what was used in the 115mm gun.

it's I suppose from VNIITransmash

70-s - ealy 80s

maybe has some connection to this -

image003.jpg

http://btvt.info/5library/vbtt_79_02_vnii.htm