Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Failures in Historic/Scientific/Military Journalism

Yeah. Cracked is pretty terrible I'm trying to think of two decent articles they've posted in five years. Probably the one written by the former child star. And... Ummm... Did they have a good piece about movie CGI being terrible for good films?

It's a terrible mishmash of hipsters trying to be ironic by misconstruing pop culture in a listicle format, Auntie Meme photoplasties and regurgitating the same memes and dick jokes that are already old while trying to convince you that everything you know about X is wrong.

Worse, the site isn't funny.

Oh shit Priory. I actually looked at Cracked for the first time in like 4 months and my lead story was on Great Weapons That Really Sucked, where I learned the F-14 was bad because jet engines can flame out, the M4 Sherman was a lightly armored Ronson, the Me262 sucked because of Hitler and the P-51 Mustang was terribad because it looks like German and Japanese aircraft.

The picture is labeled as an IS-2 waiting in ambush at Kursk. There were no 122mm armed IS-2s at Kursk, they hadn't been introduced yet. 

Heck, I'm not even sure if they had 85mm ISes yet, even.

Production schedule for IS-85s was 25 in November and 75 in December 1943, prototypes of the IS-122 were due in August 1943 IIRC.

• 2 months later...