Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

3 hours ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

Pereh ATGM carrier was finally laid to rest yesterday (21/02/17) in a ceremony held by both active duty servicemen and reservists. 

Proper replacement will be found.

1487783828-pereh-missile-carrier-face.pn

So, it has been finally phased out of service. Do you have any official sources about this event ?

5 hours ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

According to the semi-official statement, one can infer that a replacement will be found and that there's still a void even with the M113 and Ford trucks equipped with the same missiles. 

As far as I understand it, the role of the Pereh was to help repel large scale tank attacks on Israel.  Is that even a real concern for them anymore?  

On 2/23/2017 at 11:40 AM, LoooSeR said:

UAE army Nimr R35 MRAPs at IDEX 2017, probably saw some action in Yemen.

3FaIz.jpg

1Fztr.jpg

The R35 MRAP looks absolutely gorgeous. It's nice to see that engineers can very well combine functionality with aesthetics. 

Anyone knows what's that closed section in the middle? It lacks view ports and is noticeably larger. I assumed at first that it was dedicated for the squad's storage bins to allow them to carry increased amounts of ammunition/equipment into combat, but I can't confirm it anywhere.

On 2/23/2017 at 6:45 AM, Walter_Sobchak said:

As far as I understand it, the role of the Pereh was to help repel large scale tank attacks on Israel.  Is that even a real concern for them anymore?  

As of 2011, no. Not anymore. But it didn't stop them from being extensively used in the 2014 operation in Gaza. 

6 hours ago, SH_MM said:

It's really ugly.

rg35_internal.jpg

The engine is mounted at the left side of the mid section.

Now I can only wonder if they've managed to counter the weight imbalance caused by the left sided engine. 

Regarding aesthetics, well... each with their own taste. The view from the cabin must be excellent.

But that floor hatch (I suppose it's not supposed to be opened by the passengers) probably means there's no V-hull design.