Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Every morning I sift through the latest tank related crap that the internet has vomited forth for content on my blog.  Searching through youtube is particularly painful.  Every time I find something with "top ten" in the title I know it will be complete crap.  However, this one raises the bar on how bad a top ten list can be.  I warned you.

On side note - latest wave of information about Kharkov-designed future soviet MBTs projects is rather nice for tank nerds, but i suspect that Ukraine is trying to sell those things. Latest photo of Molot shows a partly freshly painted tank hull and seriosly rusted tracks. Why anybody will paint 20 years old prototype, if it is not supposed to go to museum or showed to public anyway?

143912903099969038.jpg

My favorite part is where they include the Israeli Sabra (really?) and then in their photo montage include a picture of a Leopard I (at the 2:12 mark)

The Sabra was the first tank to be shown unless you want to call that Chinese amphibious IFV thingy a tank. 

A T-72 comes from outta nowhere in the "T-99" Armata section. Type 99 does as well. 

I like how the Altay and K2 are practically the same, yet the Altay is better. 

HA! T-14 ARMATA BEST TANK! BETTER THAN ACTUAL ARMATA!

I only saw evidence of 1 BMP-3 lost, probably because of AT mine. If they did destroyed at least one Leclerc, i would really like to see results - how well turret bustle autoloader concept is helping to survivability and how badly hull ammorack compromise it.

War is Boring article made me look at T-80 perfomance in Chechnya and i think there was no T-80s lost because of autoloader. I need to find more detailed info, but this is already interesting.

From what I have read about Chechnya, it would not have mattered what sort of tank they had.  The tactical handling of the vehicles was just plain terrible.  Is if fair to say that it represented the lowest point in Russian military competence since the 1940 Finland war?  

Pretty much, with corrections - army didn't expected such resitance in city. They were expecting same level of combat as in majority of previous battles. I should try to find interview with one of generals, who responded to question about dificulties with urban combat with "they have MGs on turrets to shoot".