Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Armored Warfare Disappointment Thread

T___A

Is it just me or is the vehicle handling in AW a bit off. It has that lazy delayed feeling, which I assume is there to make the tanks feel heavy but ends up being poor for gameplay reasons.

That kind of handling was ok in Crysis since it contrasts well with the FPS sections. But keeping it that way for a game were there is only tank warfare...

Dev logic:

"Russian tanks have always been historically better, lets implement them as they were and trust that people can git gud"

*bringbongs, naziboo's, and the undeadble babrams crowd starts whining*

"Fuck, we are losing money, quick! Nerf all russian tanks ahistoically, give every non Russian tank inflated stats and protype guns, and introduce arbitrary armor effects do to the work of making armor balanced for us"

* arbitrary armor effects ridiculously favors Russian tanks*

"what are we doing wrong? fuck. Just powercreep the living fuck out of every Russian tank in the game"

*the attention span of your average 12 year old who cant stand to see Russian tanks beat him runs dry, and so does his mom's credit card. He moves on to a new game, as equally convicned that the devs were Russian shills and that somehow the new game will be better, or he just plays world of warships. The game is left in a shitty state of balance, with most of the great devs gone, and the others using the exuse that "you all were OP at one point in time, why should i have to balance you now". Game dries up, new free to play tank game comes out, cycle repeats itself. Each failed title leaving a great amount of people burned out on vidya than the last*

Moral of the story: ethier be man enough to fucking keep close to history reguardless of balance, actually fully balance all sides besides just making them both shit in separate cylces, or, for fucks sake, slap together a shitty campaign and sell this retail, not having to rely on wehrabucks 

5vkuNmG.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Things learned from the Armored Warfare general chat: the original 1979 vintage M1 Abrams with the L7 would not only be immune to a T-90 firing the latest ammunition, but would be able to penetrate the T-90 frontally and keep going right out the back. Also, the Centurion is apparently a better tank than the T-72.

Yeah, I also heard same thing from different sources. Is there any direct evidence or interviews about that subject?

Which subject? Chrysler XM1 being chosen? Or XK1 being based on GM XM1/Chrysler?

If it's the former, I can give you one.

But the latter.. no. K1 development is very hard to follow.. only Korean books talk about it sadly. Maybe a few French books too, but I don't know how to speak French.