Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Syrian conflict.

LoooSeR

20 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

I doubt that, taking into account how jihadists attack was done. I posted photos of Syrian officers killed in a car while they were driving into the city thinking that it was still under NDF unit control. Also VKS used everything - including Su-30SMs - for CAS operations, loading them with unguided rockets pods.

Reinforcements were dispatched after several villages were taken, and those reinforcements were taken from other important frontlines - 5th corp in Palmyra and Tiger forces in Eastern Aleppo, some Iranian-tranined units from Aleppo (shia paramilitary from Nubbol and Zahra for example). If you noticed advances in both Palmyra and Eastern Aleppo slowed down very much.

Fair enough.  I definitely get the impression that, as usual, the rebels waited until they thought that the SAA and allies were over-extended on other fronts before launching this Hama offensive.

Russia claims that the recent "chemical attack" was the result of an airstrike hitting a rebel stockpile of chemical weapons.

Something that a lot of news media do not understand is that it's very difficult to assign these sorts of chemical attacks.  In the case of the alleged 2013 Ghouta chemical attack, for instance, it is entirely possible that the mass poisoning was caused by the leakage of organophosphate insecticides.  These chemicals produce symptoms very similar to nerve gas poisoning, and indeed they are very chemically similar (sarin is basically people-strength pesticide*).  Some early reports noted that agricultural supplies were stockpiled in the area nearby the 2013 Ghouta mass poisoning, and to the best of my knowledge the possibility that the poisoning was caused by agricultural pesticides was never ruled out.

Something that conspiracy theorists do not understand is how difficult it is to identify targets in war.  In the 1991 Gulf War, more Coalition casualties were caused by friendly fire than by the Iraqis.  Many of the outrages in the Syrian conflict could very easily have been caused by mistakes and are not necessarily deliberate acts.

Also, the idea that these rebels have gotten their hands on nerve agents should give serious pause and consideration.  These are people who have locked women in cages and put those cages on top of buildings to use as human shields.  They have traded manpower and weapons with ISIS.  They also have access to a weapons-dealing network that spans at least the Mediterranean, and terror attacks from Europe to India that were previously thought to be the actions of lone wolves were later shown to be coordinated from ISIS-held areas in Syria and Iraq.  If these people have nerve gas, that's very, very bad.

*If there is ever a war with very large scale use of nerve agents, it will probably devastate the agriculture in the area where it is fought for a few years.  The nerve agents will kill people, and they will also kill all the bees, butterflies, mites, earthworms and other creatures that make a healthy, fertile soil ecology possible.

4 minutes ago, Collimatrix said:

Not that there's any evidence this was nerve gas, mind.  The insurgent forces have cooked up lesser chemical weapons on their own before.

Fortunately for the world, the competence of jihadis does not rise to the level of competence displayed by insane Japanese cultists.

Jihadis do have more friends in high places than Aum Shinrikyo though. Imagine what they could have done if they were state sponsored 

Apparently one of the doctors associated with the rebels in the aftermath of the attack helped kidnap John Cantlie

I've not looked much into it myself yet, but I've been getting sent stuff that at least puts up a decent enough case that the alleged sarin attack could have been a false flag or something like that.  Either way, I don't like that it looks like the US is planning on turning this into another Iraq or Libya for us.

c708823752c3fc3ea475b9b18c97a0e6.png

And just a couple pics for the thing on white helmet safety measures since I know one of those youtube vids is deleted.

Spoiler

white-helmets-sarin.JPG

Idlib-attacks.jpg?resize=768,576

44 minutes ago, ApplesauceBandit said:

I've not looked much into it myself yet, but I've been getting sent stuff that at least puts up a decent enough case that the alleged sarin attack could have been a false flag or something like that.  Either way, I don't like that it looks like the US is planning on turning this into another Iraq or Libya for us.

c708823752c3fc3ea475b9b18c97a0e6.png

And just a couple pics for the thing on white helmet safety measures since I know one of those youtube vids is deleted.

Reveal hidden contents

white-helmets-sarin.JPG

Idlib-attacks.jpg?resize=768,576

This event is yet another 2013 Eastern Ghouta "Assad chemical attack" nonsense. 

1. Jihadists attack failed in Northen Hama

2. New negotiations are very soon

3. Terrosists are much weaker than during Aleppo operation

4. Sponsors see their dogs are not in a good shape

5. Time to involve more forces against Syria. 

Seems not just the 5th corp in #Syria getting new #Russia|n weapon deliveries Fawj Maghawir al-Bahr with T62Ms, new looking BMPs & howitzers

C8u5nT-XYAARGwQ.jpg

C8u5oc_W0AA_dhY.jpg

Fawj Maghawir al-Bahr hasnt participated in fighting most of the winter, but they have spent the time building up their arsenal in Latakia.

C8u7eN9XoAAtb_p.jpg

Spoiler

C8u7fgBXcAEay-G.jpg

C8u7g3-XgAAe6iH.jpg

rest:

It will be amazing to watch US bombardment of Syrian Army while Al-Qaeda would be advancing on the ground.

This could be another really stupid decision by US when it comes to the Middle East.

After that American people would be drawn into the another endless war, just this time much more harder one.

I dont want to even go about Russia and Iran reaction, add the Israel and Hezbollah to the mix, and there you have it.

2 minutes ago, Collimatrix said:

So well equipped they have their own professional camera crew!

Their weapons look pretty average.  However, they are all wearing camouflage, and they all have radios.  That probably matters more than shiny rifles.

Add bodyarmor, helmets, etc.

Also, this video i posted earlier (second half):