Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Syrian conflict.

LoooSeR

1 hour ago, Collimatrix said:

Probably the first website I've seen which uses Comic Sans as their main font.

I expected that some of these checkpoints were nothing more than ways of getting an income for a militia, but some of these seem really shitty. I also expected the shittyness to be more or less group-dependent, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Shittyness seems to be more or less random. It also made me realise how many fucking different groups there are in Syria, it's simply ridiculous.

I also wonder how it is in the countryside. There are multiple reports and stories of various militias acting more like a mafia, and not a fighting force.

1 hour ago, Collimatrix said:

LoooSeR posted estimates from Russian economists on how long it would take the Syrian economy to recover to its pre-war level.  That was about a year ago, and they were estimating two decades.  Obviously, the situation has not improved since then.  @Donward's comparisons to the Thirty Years War are apt.  This is a massively confusing proxy war that has vastly exceeded the original scope of the conflict and dragged in much larger foreign actors.  It will leave the country devastated for decades.

On their own? Not if someone has an interest in keeping an economically stable and strong regional axis which includes Syria. Russia has previously expressed interest in assuming key role in building contracts throughout Syria (though I will not kid myself, it will take decades to rebuild everything as well).

Other than that, Syria will become a fertile ground for investments. I can imagine all sorts of companies, especially energy companies, investing a great deal in Syria's rebuilding efforts so they could get a cut of the profits. And the contracts will be massive! That is, of course, if Assad will open up to western "aid" efforts.

http://www.unz.com/article/the-nerve-agent-attack-in-khan-shaykhun-syria/

Article saying they believe the alleged sarin attack was done with just a modified rocket launched from the ground, not an air strike.  Has better photos of the canister that you were asking for looser.  Have to head somewhere, so only was able to quickly skim the article.

Figure-3.jpg

But wait. I thought the whole gas attack was a hoax and all the footage we saw was from actors. That's after it was said to be actually chlorine. No wait pesticides. No wait leftover sarin that fell into the hands of rebels who released it on purpose. I mean was accidentally bombed by the Syrian Air Force. With the whole thing being a FALSE FLAG.

Now the gas attack was launched from a ground based missile/mortar unit?

7 hours ago, Donward said:

But wait. I thought the whole gas attack was a hoax and all the footage we saw was from actors. That's after it was said to be actually chlorine. No wait pesticides. No wait leftover sarin that fell into the hands of rebels who released it on purpose. I mean was accidentally bombed by the Syrian Air Force. With the whole thing being a FALSE FLAG.

Is this a better thing than having one proof-free story and sticking to it?

These waters are muddy.

On 14.04.2017 at 0:18 AM, Donward said:

Your behavior after those events is strange. 

I will do one serious post on a subject of this "CW" use event and will not bother to cover it anymore.

1. Context and situation before of "CW attack"

After Russian operation in Syria started in sept/oct of 2015, there were no Chemical weapon use by SAA/NDF/"Assad" militias and whatever, despite several excelent situation when CW use would have been acceptable and would kill actual enemies of SAA in big numbers, helping very much to assault operations. Examples - 1st and 2nd Palmyra operations, latest Tiger forces operation in Eastern Aleppo province, as those places are empty from any noticeable number of civilians (no civs in Palmyra/Tadmor at all).

Assad and Syrian gov in large showed no attempts of ideological or ethical/religious discrimination of people living in occupied parts of Syria (except Wahabists and other radical islamists, jihadists), no attempt to deliberately kill civilians. Great example - Aleppo. During preparations for assault, islamists inside of E.Aleppo started to build additional barricades and cover, right in front of SAA positions. In order to not get shot during such work, they used number of Aleppo residents as a shield, i posted Poddubniy's footage of one of such "operations" in this thread (i am lazy to serach it, you can find it in part of thread that covered Al-Quds advances or later IIRC). A fact that islamists use civs as a shield (remember Eastern Ghouta and Jaish Al-Islam cages on top of the buildings full of residents?) shows that they perceive SAA and NDF as forces that give a value to lives of their people.  

Another fact - Syrian gov can accept deals with jihadists ("Green buses -> Idlib") that will decrease destruction of town/cities and firefights inside of them if they are full of civilians. Examples - Western Ghouta, Aleppo, current swap of islamists from Madaya to people in Fua and Kefraya (located near Idlib), Derayya, number of other small cases, all major of which also were covered in this thread. 

Not only that but Syrian gov continued to pay salaries in some occupied areas of a country (militants don't want to spend their time and resources in locals was part of the reason why they didn't stopped this practice) for several years after war started.

So any claims that "Assad" deliberately kill Syrians with any weapon type i view with very high level of distrust.  

I also want to remind that islamists and ISIS used chemical weapons by themselfs number of times, including mortar rounds filled some chemicals (my avatar is taken from a screengrab during extraction of one of those mortar rounds), famous Hell Cannons also were used with gas canisters filled with non-explosive chemicals that are "not very healthy". Such weapons were used in Aleppo, in SW Aleppo province, and in Iraq (i posted one of examples of chemical attack on ISF in General news thread several weeks ago IIRC). Plenty of chemicals to make such weapons were captured in Eastern Aleppo. 

Jihadists in Aleppo province are in not a good shape, as their failure and quick collapse in Aleppo, failed attempt to deblockade it and failed assaults in Western parts of Aleppo shows their decreasing military power. Latest offencive in Northen Hama province also pretty much failed, and reports of Tiger forces arrival in big number just after their very successfull Eastern Aleppo province operation were pretty good "symptoms" of possible assault operation in Northen Hama by SAA. All major attacks were repelled with conventional weapons and lost villages re-captured with conventional weapons during rather usual for Northen Hama clashes between SAA/NDF and Nusra (2015-2016)/Ha'yar Takhrir Ash-Sham (2017), Akhrar Ash-Sham, and their smaller allies. What looked like yet another back-forward fighting in Northen Hama (before arrival of major part of Tiger forces) suddenly became much bigger event.

2. CW attack and why i think that it was anything other than what it was according to claims by militants

Video of situation "just after" attack was recorded and posted by White Helmets. They are known for making plenty of fake videos of "results" of airstrikes, but let as watch a video:

Spoiler

White helmets, being first responders that arrived to a site of just happened CW attack use no protection gear, and they don't suffer any problems! Japan, learn from Jihad deisgn bureau with it's invisible NBC suits!

aflo_PEVA271182.jpg

I also like how half of people on the video are almost naked and some of them are standing near the car in the background. And yes, using water apperently cures people and washes deadly chemicals gases away. It is laso strange why they are so densely packed in one compound, together with kids.

Speaking about place where this footage was taken:

nintchdbpict0003137697671.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100

C8kjPcpXkAAOsT7.jpg

And it is not like WH have no NBC suits in that place..

Photo taken more than month ago for #WhiteHelmets terrorists receiving a training on dealing with chemical attacks in the same location!

C8l6zP6XYAAF3pt.jpg

Second video also shows doctors walking around doing selfies and lazily doing some "doctor" stuff in between. And that guy that doing video is known islamist and journalists kidnapper.

C8zR3FeXgAAFwPP.jpg

Place of impact:

C8kzImaXgAA0rFJ.jpg

Fragmentational damage from chemical weapon canister?

C8k9Pv1XkAE5MbU.jpg

Not only WH can survive in sarin gas without NBC protection, but they also can predict the future!

Orient TV reporter : 
"tomorrow we are launching a media campaign to cover the airstrikes on Hama country side including the usage of CW"

Also from Withtin Syria blog:

every single time #SAA advance in #Idlib or anything happen there in the next day they claim a Chemical attack

last year in #Saraqb 24 hours after they shot down a Russian helicopter they claim a Chemical attack there

today 24hours after SAA start an operation to reach Khan Siqun ,they claim an attack there

it's so interesting how every single time they do something bad or lost a CW attack take place just 24hours after

wounder why there was no CW attack in Aleppo ,Daraa , or anymore in Damascus ,why not in some battle with ISIS 
ONLY in Idlib

it become absolutely clear that the people who run Idlib (HTS+Ahrar) have perfected this WC game

tomorrow all news articles will be:
"Alawite regiem " ,"Alawite jets" ,"Alawite army" 
would someone take this racism to court please ?

And this is claimed to be photo of victims of this sarin attack. If it is true, than some of those dead kids in a video were actually dead, but not from sarin, as some of them have visible head traumas.

C8kQ2-tUwAEVXjM.jpg

3. After Chemical weapons attack

Didn't saw any list of victims. Does anybody have it?

Military situation did not changed seriously in Northen Hama frontlines, but 5th corp on Palmyra frontline will have lower airsupport becuase of several Su-22s were destroyed (thanks Trump). Several other small new CW attack claims, in Eastern Ghouta being a bit more noticeable (posted video in this thread several pages ago).

C81FrpiXgAALm86.jpg

Syrian gov made a deal to pull a lot of civilians from Fua and Kefraya in Northen Idlib, greenbuses are in the process of delivering freedom fighters to their Free (from Rafidits) Land of Idlib.

Tiger forces are preparing for operation in Northen Hama, some sort of recon attack happened in Northen Aleppo. I hope that plans to start assault would not be blocked by politicians as latest rethorics from Turkey, US, Saudi Arabia suggest another escalation of their support of jihadists.

Don't know and will not pretend to know results of Russian-US, Russian-Syrian-iranian, US-Turkish and others negotiations on a subject and how they will affect future of region.

#Russia Forces with #NDF and #SyrianAmry at Northern #Hama front. #Syria

C9S7AxtXcAUAMaR.jpg

Another normal day in Wilayat ar-Raqqa.

C9UIQgiXkAAAh26.jpg

Sniper rifles used by SDF against ISIS targets in besieged Tabqa city.

C9SpggJXgAEIPQI.jpg

Spoiler

C9SphtpXgAEfi0d.jpg

C9Spi5KXsAA2Q8i.jpg

New earthwork is constantly been added in and around Al-Qusayr AB, despite no visible presence of any forces inside the base itself. #Syria

C9NyJggXgAAAyIM.jpg

#Tabqah : #YPG / #SDF / #YPJ free Ayd al-Saghir (SW Tabqah) and Alexandria district (SE Tabqah) from #Daesh

C9cv4u6WsAERIa9.jpg

SAA attempting to advance on Jabal Mustadira - Sabkhat al-Moh axis east of Tadmor/Palmyra

Battle of Tabqa has begun with SDF storming the city from E&W, capturing Ayed al-Saghir & al-Iskandariah + Mushirfah al-Shmaliyah N of Raqqa

Clashes in Deraa, small HTS advances:

NEW MAP: #TahrirAlSham (#AlQaeda branch in #Syria) and allied "moderate rebels" are advancing vs. #SAA in #Daraa's #Manshiyah neighbourhood.

C9YDyH4XoAARFnL.jpg