Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General cars and vehicles thread.

LoooSeR

French Ligier JS2 sports car

1341912_original.jpg

The mid-engine JS 2 was created by the French automobile company Ligier JS2 in the early 70's. The car received an aluminum chassis designed by the French designer Michel Tetu and the fiberglass body was created by Italian designer Pietro Froix. JS2 was produced from 1971 to 1977, and about 250 machines were made.

Spoiler

1341990_original.jpg

1342307_original.jpg

1342605_original.jpg

1342757_original.jpg

Mazda MX-03 concept car

1328663_original.jpg

This concept of sports all-wheel drive car was created by the Japanese automobile corporation Mazda in 1985. The car was equipped with a three-section rotary turbo engine with a power of 320 hp, which allowed the car to accelerate to 100 km/h in 5 seconds and develop a top speed of up to 300 km/h

Spoiler

1329003_original.jpg

1329329_original.jpg

1329571_original.jpg

1329677_original.jpg

"Sever-2"

1315062_original.jpg

OKB Kamov developed it in the mid-50's. Commissioned by the Ministry of Communications of the USSR and intended to deliver mail correspondence. As the base was used chassis of GAZ-M20 car. Serially, sledges were produced from 1959 to the mid-1960s. A total of about 100 cars were collected

Spoiler

1315134_original.jpg

1315363_original.jpg

1315613_original.jpg

1315860_original.jpg

1316288_original.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just found a truck on CL. A year older than my Chevrolet 1500, but 4x4 with lower miles. Steering column is busted, and it needs a new clutch. 

The guy wants $500 for it. 

They are both longbeds. They are both extended cabs. But my Silverado is the C1500 2wd frame. I've been planning a body swap for some time now. 

I really hate the timing on this. Because I'm moving in 2 weeks. 

Some "fun" as to why I quit restoring/working on old vehicles.

Two people I knew, and had as customers ran into eachother. Guy with the Caddy was not paying attention, and backed into the guy who owns the M211.

Guy with Caddy is a petulant asshole, and wants guy with M211 to pay.

An aside, guy with Caddy is a trust fund baby, and guy with M211 is unemployed as of late.

http://i.imgur.com/KpZ28lE.jpg

Bonk

Sounds like you had shit customers. Trust fund kiddies and the unemployed millionaires are the worst.

I was having an injector replaced on my Tacoma before I drove it across the country, and I see a brand new Chevy Colorado with at least 6" of lift, 35" mud tires, perfect body, tons of stereo work, etc. 

The owner complimented me on my 4x4 1998 Tacoma. I nodded to the Colorado and said "That yours? It's nice." 

He replies, "Yeah, but I'm looking to upgrade. I want a V8. And a 4x4."

I blinked. "That thing's not 4x4?"

He kinda sheepishly replies "No..."

The guy was maybe late twenties, so a little bit older than me. I heard from the shop mechanics later that he didn't work, had tons of money he was willing to give them to do stupid things to his barbie-truck, and tries to hang out with them at the shop four days out of the week. 

Also, I found a 1970 Chevy Impala on Craigslist for 1500. Bestill my beating heart.

On 7/3/2017 at 9:41 PM, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Sounds like you had shit customers. Trust fund kiddies and the unemployed millionaires are the worst.

Yes,they were by far the worst.

Expected everything, but did not want to pay for it.

Got to where I was saying "Minimum deposit for first time customers with vehicles over 3/4 ton is $2000.00".

Because of all the dickheads wanting to make "bobbers" of 2.5 and 5 ton trucks.

19 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

I found a 1978 Chevy Nova, one of my dream cars, for sale nearby for 2 grand. 

00Z0Z_4kRSwDE1exq_1200x900.jpg

I hate finding the right deal in the wrong time.

Those do build nicely. Easy  SBC/700R4~4L60 swap. With a short ratio rear end they also get decent mileage.

Trouble with project cars though, is they multiply in the yard.

At my peak I had a '72 Vista Cruiser (455/TH400 towing pack) '81 RX-7, '47 Dodge truck, '53 M37, plus what I was already driving..

1 hour ago, Meplat said:

Those do build nicely. Easy  SBC/700R4~4L60 swap. With a short ratio rear end they also get decent mileage.

Trouble with project cars though, is they multiply in the yard.

At my peak I had a '72 Vista Cruiser (455/TH400 towing pack) '81 RX-7, '47 Dodge truck, '53 M37, plus what I was already driving..

Yup. I already have my body swap Chevy project to do. A car would be next. Then I'd probably turn my Tacoma into a more heavy duty trail rig than it is now. But that's far in the future. But if I find a good deal on a classic like this and I've got a place to store it, I'm going to jump on it. 

1 hour ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Yup. I already have my body swap Chevy project to do. A car would be next. Then I'd probably turn my Tacoma into a more heavy duty trail rig than it is now. But that's far in the future. But if I find a good deal on a classic like this and I've got a place to store it, I'm going to jump on it. 

Light Taco is still the best route.

22r/LC bitsa. If you find a four jug Vertex mag, grab it.  They were Swiss surplus .

Fuck the DCOE stuff, go for a Weber dualbore down, and a snorkel w/ a centrifugal separator and dual filters.

1 hour ago, Meplat said:

Light Taco is still the best route.

22r/LC bitsa. If you find a four jug Vertex mag, grab it.  They were Swiss surplus .

Fuck the DCOE stuff, go for a Weber dualbore down, and a snorkel w/ a centrifugal separator and dual filters.

I'll be lightening up mine as much as possible. But it's a 1998 with the 3.4L and a 5 speed. I won't bother doing anything to the engine, but I want to swap the IFS in the front for a solid axle, gear down in the rear, put mechanical diffs in, up the tire size from 31 to around 35, give it a few more inches of travel, rock sliders, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...