• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

BAAAEEEYYYEEERRR BIIIKKKEEERRR SLOW!!!

When Cyclists Collide With Bears

"In June 2016, Brad Treat and a companion were biking a singletrack trail in the Flathead National Forest near Montana's Glacier National Park. Rounding a corner at an estimated 20 mph, Treat T-boned a grizzly bear. The cyclist flew over the handlebars, breaking both wrists. Then he was killed by the surprised and extremely provoked bear.

The final incident report... found that the bear acted in self defense."

download-2.jpeg?token=bar

(I showed the file photo for the story to Mrs. The Captain of this mama grizzly with not one, not two, but three nearly full grown cubs. Certainly the stuff of nightmares to us setnetters when we do a lot of travelling on a four-wheeler on the beach.)

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2017 at 10:42 PM, Donward said:

BAAAEEEYYYEEERRR BIIIKKKEEERRR SLOW!!!

When Cyclists Collide With Bears

"In June 2016, Brad Treat and a companion were biking a singletrack trail in the Flathead National Forest near Montana's Glacier National Park. Rounding a corner at an estimated 20 mph, Treat T-boned a grizzly bear. The cyclist flew over the handlebars, breaking both wrists. Then he was killed by the surprised and extremely provoked bear.

The final incident report... found that the bear acted in self defense."

(I showed the file photo for the story to Mrs. The Captain of this mama grizzly with not one, not two, but three nearly full grown cubs. Certainly the stuff of nightmares to us setnetters when we do a lot of travelling on a four-wheeler on the beach.)

Also, that's really damned scary. I've been close to a sow and three cubs on a bike. I was able to scare it away with a whistle thank Christ and all my good karma for getting me out of that situation. 

I've ran across blacks in CO while riding the trails. I feel really bad for that cyclist. I can imagine the terror and it makes me ill.

• 2 weeks later...

BAAAEEEYYYEEERRR!!! DOUGH...nut.

http://www.steamboattoday.com/news/bear-tries-to-break-into-doughnut-delivery-vehicle-in-steamboat-springs/

Police officer John McCartin confirmed he could smell doughnuts just by standing outside the damaged vehicle.

"I guess if anyone is an expert about this, it's us," McCartin joked.

Kim Robertson joked that with bears now going after doughnuts in town, some of the pressure from "doughnut jokes" had been taken off of the local police for the week.