Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Bears can be total assholes. And other bear related news

Donward

American Freedom Bird keeps Russian Brown Bear from meddling in the Incubation

Bear-v-Eagles-1.jpg

Bear-v-Eagles-2-A.jpg

https://www.adn.com/outdoors-adventure/2018/06/16/katmai-national-park-drama-bear-vs-eagles/

Two other eagles joined in the divebombing of the sow while a raven divebombed the flying eagles. "We were too low to know if the bear had actually eaten the eggs or chicks," Schultz said. "We debated it long and hard the rest of the day. How could she not eat them?!  But the eagles came back right away after the bear left and stayed. The next day there was an eagle on the nest again, so we're thinking the eggs or chicks survived."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

BAAAEEEYYYEEERRR!!! Oh... oh no...

Black bear wanders into hotel that inspired "The Shining"

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/black-bear-wanders-into-the-hotel-where-the-shining-was-made_us_5b8174c0e4b0cd327dfd253e

The Stanley Hotel in the Rocky Mountains is most famous for inspiring Stephen King’s The Shining, the basis of the classic 1980 film. A lot of weird things happen in that Stanley Kubrick horror flick. A torrent of blood takes the elevator, a pair of creepy twin girls haunts the hallways, and a guy in a furry bear suit makes an, er, unforgettable appearance.

All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear. All work and no play make's Jack a dull bear.

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2018 at 6:13 AM, Belesarius said:

Well, Otis lives upstream from where we fish (about 70-80 miles) so he's eating all the salmon we didn't catch. 

And it was a good year with a big late season fish escapement for all of these fatties.

BAAAEEEYYYEEERRR!!! BROOOOOO...mmm!!!

http://www.kbbi.org/post/seldovia-woman-fends-bear-inside-her-home-broom

A Seldovia woman fought off a black bear inside of her home with nothing more than a broom early Monday morning.

“He was growling, spitting, clicking his teeth at me. I shoved him back up onto the porch. He jumped back up onto that window. He’s so fat, he could not fit through the window,” Mahan explained. “I hauled off and gave that broom everything I had, and I shoved him out that two-story window, he hit my son’s truck and dented the door – then making all sorts of noises and took off running.”

“It had to be over 200 pounds. He was looking at me. I run in bedroom to grab my gun. I get my gun. I don’t realize that my ammo is old,” Mahan recalled over the phone Tuesday. “As I’m walking out my bedroom door in a hurry, he’s already in the living room standing between my couch and my rifle cabinet. He starts peeling his lips back and growling at me. I pull my gun to shoot on him and it dry fires.”

Mahan said after her pistol failed to fire a second time, she grabbed a metal broom nearby and began hitting the bear, pushing it back towards the entryway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

https://komonews.com/news/local/jetliner-hits-brown-bear-while-landing-in-southeast-alaska

BAAAEEEYYYEEERRR!!! BOOOOOOOeing!!! 737-700oooooooo!!!

“The nose gear missed the bears, but the captain felt an impact on the left side after the bears passed under the plane,” Alaska Airlines said in a statement.

The pilots saw the bear lying about 20 feet (6 meters) from the center of the runway as the plane taxied to a parking area just before 6:30 p.m., the airline said.

It was not immediately clear how many passengers were on the flight. The plane departed from the town of Cordova and was scheduled to stop in Juneau after leaving Yakutat.

The left engine cowling of the jet was damaged, and the plane remained in Yakutat Sunday.