Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Donward

Bears can be total assholes. And other bear related news

81 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Donward said:

BAAAEEEYYYEEERRR!!! BOOOOOW (and arrow)

Guy was an idiot for surprising the bear like that. Should have made himself known a long time ago. I've ran blacks off of my camp site before. Just need to be loud an let the bear know where you are way in advance. 

They're default reaction when spooked is to charge.

4 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Guy was an idiot for surprising the bear like that. Should have made himself known a long time ago. I've ran blacks off of my camp site before. Just need to be loud an let the bear know where you are way in advance. 

They're default reaction when spooked is to charge.

Yeah. I was going to mention something similar but I couldn't let an opportunity pass to riff on the BAAAEEEYYYEEERRR NOOOOOOO theme of this thread.

Watching the vid, I first assumed the guy was hunting the bear. Then, looking at the bow and arrow setup, I was like, "God, I hope that dude isn't going to shoot a bear with those?" The guy must have been hunting grouse or something.

12 minutes ago, Donward said:

Yeah. I was going to mention something similar but I couldn't let an opportunity pass to riff on the BAAAEEEYYYEEERRR NOOOOOOO theme of this thread.

Watching the vid, I first assumed the guy was hunting the bear. Then, looking at the bow and arrow setup, I was like, "God, I hope that dude isn't going to shoot a bear with those?" The guy must have been hunting grouse or something.

Yeah, I think I read something posted by the guy in the video that he was just out after grouse or such sized game. I wouldn't trust that bow for black BEAR (Happy, @Sturgeon?)

If I had a perfect shot with my 55 pound recurve within twenty yards with amazing arrows and the bear was tied down and I had 5 friends taking aim with rifles behind me if I missed, then maybe I'd give it a whirl.