Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Official Feathered Dinosaur Shitstorm Thread

Sturgeon

On that note, if I could fire self defense rounds that consisted of HCN or OCN filling basically all of it (with the jacket designed for the best fragmentation possible) without those pesky laws getting in the way, pretty sure I'd totally use them.

Well, that and trying to detonate them in that small of an amount would be a pretty big challenge.

I'd imagine that in reality, dinosaurs wouldn't be single-minded killing machines who'd spend all their energy trying to track down homosapiens (other than Velociraptors cuz they're bad-ass like that). Instead, precautions like you'd take when out on African safari or in the Bush in Alaska would probably be more than sufficient. And if you ran into a sick or hungry man-eater that just had a hankering for human flesh, anything from a 45-70 on up would be more than sufficient with shot placement etc.

That's one of the annoyances I have with movies that I'm usually - usually - able to overlook.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Holy shit Cretaceous bird wings have been found fully intact encased in amber!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/06/dinosaur-bird-feather-burma-amber-myanmar-flying-paleontology-enantiornithes/

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/bird-wings-dating-back-age-dinosaurs-found-frozen-amber-180959599/?utm_source=facebook.com&no-ist

Basically, humans should start encasing specimens (of everything) in amber so that far future generations can learn all they need to. Like in Fringe!