Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Enema Thread (Moderator: Tied)

Sturgeon

17 minutes ago, Collimatrix said:

Trump may have accidentally saved weeaboos by opposing the TPP.

Goddamnit, first he tomahawks Syria, and then this crap.  We are literally living under fascism.

Opposition to the TPP is one of Trump's positions that I agree with. It's just not a very good agreement, and overwhelmingly favors corporate interests.

12 hours ago, Belesarius said:

Opposition to the TPP is one of Trump's positions that I agree with. It's just not a very good agreement, and overwhelmingly favors corporate interests.

But it would have gotten rid of anime fandoms!

Sometimes there's a bit of collateral damage when you firebomb Tokyo.  It's all I'm saying.

(Yes, TPP smelled bad on many levels)

“It is the year 2069, and fidget spinning is now a mainstream competitive sport. Every five years, the Spinmaster Series is held, in which the world’s best spinners battle for a spot in The Spectrum – an elite circle of legendary fidget spinners. Join Kagaya as he dons his plot armor to claim victory and fulfill his dream of being on The Spectrum”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My [21M] GF [20 F] of 6 months suddenly wants me to give up watching anime.Relationships

quote:

After my classes I like to watch some anime in my dorm every so often. I finished up an episode when my gf texted me asking if I was watching anime, to which I replied yes. She then told me that she thinks that now I'm over 20 years old it's time to give up watching it. I kind of laughed it off telling her that I enjoyed it but then she said that she was being really serious. I haven't responded yet and am dreaded when I see her later. 
A lot of my hobbies are rooted in anime; my friends, going to conventions, cosplay, merchandise I like etc. and she's known about my hobbies since just a little after we started dating which is why this feels so out of left field for me. I watch about 8-10 series a season which translates to only 1-2 episodes a day. This isn't a lot right? 
A lot of people might call me a weeb or otaku for considering choosing anime over a girlfriend but this is a hobby that I've had for most of my life (since 10) 
tl;dr: Gf asks me to give up watching anime from seemingly out of nowhere. Anime is long time hobby of mine. Wut do? 
Edit: fixed some grammar