Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Star Wars General Discussion Thread

Sturgeon

Well, i guess i will parrot the /tv/ line of saying i agree that Epiosde 7 certainly looks like a glib facsimile from where im standing

Ofcoruse i havent seen the movie, and have only soaked up a few spoilers here and there, the thing looks like a classic case of a reboot being disguised as a sequal 

Since most of us - I assume - are going to watch this film at different times, I'd hope that no one posts any spoilers for at least a week or two. I'm not going to be able to take part in the Opening Night festivities this go round will probably watch sometime on a weekday next week.

My girlfriend and I have been watching the Despecialized Editions of all three original Star Wars movies, and I gotta say they really bring the magic back for me.

I made Sierra watch the trilogy last weekend.  She really enjoyed them and went from not wanting to go see the new Star Wars movie that everyone was excited about to 'Holy crap we gotta go see that Daddy. Can we go on your next days off? CanWeCanWe?"

Obviously a coded spoiler of the fact that the new Star Wars film is a surprise crossover with Planet of the Apes.

*insert John Boyaga ooga booga joke here*

In all seriousness, i heard he's pretty endearing, but he's not as gifted in the look department as Lando

Just watched Episode 7. Mediocre, forgetable movie. Nothing interesting in the way it was shot, no interesting ideas, movie starts having noticeable problems in second half (5-7 peolpe went out of cinema during that part). Overall - not going to watch again ever, and if i forget it - i will not be upset about that.

Original Star Wars had strongest characters. Current SW movie felt flat and generic. Tone and atmosphere was on a weaker side, villian was comical, "my son!" story was obvious and boring, and Rei doing jedi tricks without a single second of learning felt out of place, introduced only because of the Plot! "We tied her to chair and situation is bad... o wait, she is doing a jedi trick that she never saw or heard of. Umm... it is Force! Belive me!"

Death Star Mk3 also felt very uninventive/flat/story writers being lazy. Why Empire still bothers with Death Stars, apperently now anybody can blow it up, like old ship pilot and his oversized monkey.

Mad Max Fury road was way ahead of Ep7, it was better shot, with much less boring generic action scenes that Ep7, with interesting cars, chase scenes, characters and backstory/myths.