Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Books About Tanks

EnsignExpendable

Yesterday I got my copy of Zrinyi II Assault Howitzer by Attila Bonhardt in the mail.  Not really sure why I ordered it since I don't really have a huge interest in Hungarian armor, but I will say it's a very nice book.  Copies are going for $25 - $30, but I figure this is the type of book that will not get cheaper down the road.  Small print run plus obscure tank topic usually means it will be more expensive once it's out of print.  The Zrinyi II was kind of an interesting vehicle, probably one of the best non-German Axis AFVs in the European theatre.  Think of it as a somewhat better version of the Italian Semovente 75/18 SPG.  

51cAXK%2BtAzL._SY362_BO1,204,203,200_.jp

• 1 month later...

With this book, I think Zaloga has covered all the major Soviet tank types (except the T-28 and the early MS-1 etc.) in the New Vanguard series

9781472810656.jpg

The man is certainly prolific.  The New Vanguard books are not always as substantial as I would like, but at least they cover a very wide range of topics.  

• 2 weeks later...

Opps, I ordered a used copy of this book from Amazon, only to realize once I got it that it's just five old Osprey "Duel" books combined into one hardcover.  I already own four of the Duel books covered in this book, but at least it was only $4 used, which is cheaper than the used price on amazon for the one Duel book covered in this book that I don't have.  

51w%2Bz%2B1iUrL._SX368_BO1,204,203,200_.