Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Vehicles of the PLA: Now with refreshing new topic title!

Khand-e

9 minutes ago, Serge said:

No mobility demo. 

It tells about the gap betwen China and the west tech. 

Yes because clearly 1 random video not showing 1 particular thing about a pure export tank model = tells everything about the tech between China and the West even though it doesn't!

1 hour ago, Serge said:

No mobility demo. 

Not 100% sure what you mean by mobility demo, but i guess this video of the VT-4 driving around will maybe atleast partly satisfy you

17 hours ago, Ramlaen said:

There is some video of the VT-4's autoloader at ~36:20.

Video was posted on the previous page, autloader is basically same as T-72s\90s. VT-4 is export product, so not surprising. 

15 hours ago, Serge said:

No mobility demo. 

This is not a thread for saying idiotic things.  

the NORINCO armor day planned for tomorrow will include the following exhibits:

1. New IFV (tank-based, with unmanned turret), OP pic

2. New tank (certainly a major reveal if true)

3. A ZTZ-59-based "heavy IFV"

4. A Type 89 APC based wheeled assault/transport vehicle

Y6H462c.jpg

【中国的新一代步兵战车】无人遥控炮塔,猎歼双火控,AR头盔全景显示界面,35毫米埋头弹自动炮,中距反坦克导弹。澳洲羊羔皮座椅,手自动一体变速器,全电驱动,涡轮增压电混合动力,主动反导防御系统。

Interesting note: the fact it shot down 2 full sized missiles at once actually demonstrates another design intention.

That it can effectively counter "decoy" rockets and missiles like the RPG-30 which fires a smaller, inert warhead directly before firing the main warhead, the point of said design is to fool an APS with the dummy warhead and letting the main one pass through unchallenged.

In this case, it would simply shoot both down.

More things.

The wheeled assault vehicle/APC they talked about.

clP0WOh.jpg

I'll try to get better screenshots later but, 4x4 and 6x6 MRAP, the latter of which appears to be based on a heavily beefed up and modified WZ-551 hull. both rated to take 10kg of TNT (the 6x6 was tested on video with bionic replicas of people inside during one showing.)

KqDBGcw.jpg

3iEIu4i.jpg

43 minutes ago, Khand-e said:

Interesting note: the fact it shot down 2 full sized missiles at once actually demonstrates another design intention.

That it can effectively counter "decoy" rockets and missiles like the RPG-30 which fires a smaller, inert warhead directly before firing the main warhead, the point of said design is to fool an APS with the dummy warhead and letting the main one pass through unchallenged.

In this case, it would simply shoot both down.

Correct me if i am wrong, but on the video Zuk posted I only see 1 missile being intercepted by the 2 interceptors?

21 minutes ago, Zyklon said:

Correct me if i am wrong, but on the video Zuk posted I only see 1 missile being intercepted by the 2 interceptors?

Check the slow mo on the video, you can clearly see that another projectile explodes mid air after contacting the first interceptor a split second before the second, more visible missile is intercepted. (that or it was a decoy that was too small to really show up on video.)

http://i.imgur.com/BuuLDnX.mp4

It was likely fired from a completely different angle making the projectile harder to see from the point of view of the camera, I'd assume to test the claimed 360 degree coverage.

Z5bv2IQ.png

2 minutes ago, Khand-e said:

Check the slow mo on the video, you can clearly see that another projectile explodes mid air after contacting the first interceptor a split second before the second, more visible missile is intercepted.

http://i.imgur.com/BuuLDnX.mp4

It was likely fired from a completely different angle making the projectile harder to see from the point of view of the camera, I'd assume to test the claimed 360 degree coverage.

Z5bv2IQ.png

Welp I guessed that it actually launched 2 interceptors at 1 missile...but yeah camera angle makes it pretty hard to see.
Thx for clearing that up though 

I mean, it was all shown on public video with announcers and demonstration personnel to interview and describe what was happening, I could have someone rewatch it and tell me exactly what it says, but, considering it's currently 3:30 in the morning in China, that may take a bit.

Also my wife hates doing long translations so, best not to anger her.