Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Vehicles of the PLA: Now with refreshing new topic title!

Khand-e

Is there pictures or schematics of the ZTZ-99A2 autoloader? I want to see that thing. And why turret is so big on this thing? I hope that they don't use T-84 Oplot/T-90M-like box for ammunition.

Also, I unfortunately only have pictures of the autoloader and ammo layouts for the older autoloader design that resembles the T-72s, not the newest model which is something I've been unable to obtain picture wise.

irapNih.jpg

Ah yes, Marine drills.

Oddly enough, the 105mm variant used on the light/amphibious tank configuration of the ZTD-05 is unique to that particular vehicle, as the gun and it's fire control has been modified to fire accurately while moving in rough waters. (including with missile guidance which can usually be a problem on choppy waters.)

The Issue of the PRC vs Taiwan/the ROC is really complex.

Most soldiers feel the latter though, however some still hold the view that the ROC government is illegitimate.

In that case is the feelings towards the Taiwanese more negative or that they should have their government removed and be welcomed back into China?

In that case is the feelings towards the Taiwanese more negative or that they should have their government removed and be welcomed back into China?

Full on reunion without a total war tends to be the most desired choice among soldiers themselves.

To give a very simplified version of the issue itself for those not aware, it sort of goes like this.

Both the PRC and Taiwan claim to be the "real" China, the PRC because they unified the mainland and Taiwan because of the culture, traditions, and the fact the old government went into exile there after losing the civil war.

Taiwan claims the PRC has no claim to Formosa as the government of the PRC never had any claim to the island, with the last time China had any settlements on the island being during medieval times.

The PRC claims this isn't relevant, as by fleeing the mainland, they more or less admitted defeat and thus gave up any power or authority they had after this loss in the war, and should thus surrender to the "fact" Formosa is a PRC territory now.

.....Or, if you want to play with treaty loopholes, you can even argue that Taiwan is technically US territory that they're simply not claiming, though somehow I doubt that this would ever be pursued in an international court.

You may be confused as to how this makes sense, this article looks at both sides of the issue to explain the chain of events leading to some to interpret Taiwan as US territory. http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2006/12/31/2003342809

Internal drawings believed to be of a later model 99A1, the credit of the image was cut by someone but they're originally from Tiexue. (I also found that someone from Russia who posts on various defense websites also found the same images when searching for other sources, I'd like to find out what he knows about them.)

6lN2sSO.jpg

XVHUOIb.jpg

BDkkAr4.jpg

So it have T-72-like autoloader.

The 99A1s do yes, the 99A2 later models have a different style autoloader according to factory and PLA reports that's similar, but not identical in design to the T-64/T-80's allegedly. only it takes up more space to make room for 1 piece ammunition used exclusively in the 99As and to promote a faster feed rate as 8 rpm was seen as too slow in the event sustained fire is needed. (the 96s and older 98/99s use 2 piece ammunition more commonly seen.)

The problem is I don't know of anyone brave enough to violate OPSEC in China to take photos of the new autoloader. =p

WS-32 to be precise.

But yes, the Weishi family includes many configurations of rockets and launch vehicles, the WS-32 being one of the smaller launch vehicles.

Rocket diameter for the 32 in particular is 400mm gps guided rockets with a range of 150km.

Part of the reason that Deng Xiaoping started the special economic zones, in addition to having a controlled area where he could play with capitalism, was to prove to Taiwan that the PRC could have special, semi-autonomous zones with their own laws.  This was supposed to make reunification more attractive.

IIRC, Deng Xiaoping said in a later interview that his greatest regret was that he couldn't get Taiwan to go for it.

A new generation of the HJ-8 missile with a SALH guidance system.

Also note that the HJ-8 itself is still popular as there's still many in the PLA's inventory, they're light(er) and smaller then more advanced designs like the HJ-9 and HJ-10 (the latter of which is used almost exclusively on the WZ-10 however), and they have a fuckload of warhead options.

• 1 month later...