Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Vehicles of the PLA: Now with refreshing new topic title!

Khand-e

Naval landing IFVs. or the ZBD-05 to be precise.

zbd05_7.jpg

The front "slope" unfolds and acts as a hydroplane whenever it's being deployed from deep waters, which offers significantly increased speed and control over conventional designs.

It's more similar in function to the cancelled USMC EFV.

Though, they also made an amphibious light tank/fire support variant that can fire accurately even in rough waters, this is clearly better because 105 is a bigger number then 30.

ztd05_3.jpg

Bit of a cross post, but since Biathlon time in nearly upon us, last years winner was the T-72B3M/T-72B4 variant, one version of said model pictured here.

T-72B4_-_TankBiathlon14part1-19.jpg

You may have never heard of this variant, let alone it ever being trialed for battle, that's because it's actually a pretty heavily modified B3 specifically made for Russia's tank biathlons and how to best perform in the circumstances it will face.

I'm not actually certain if China does the same thing with their T-96As, but considering it's apparently competition legal, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. (or, at least I hope they do.)

(......GO TEAM CHINA!)

IMG-20150719-WA0004_S.jpg

BTW, they removed ERA from UFP? If they will not mount it here, than it will be lighter racing version of the Type 96A!  :D

Wouldn't be shocked if they removed more then that.

The T-72B4 has a better power/weight ratio then a T-96A (I know theres more to vehicle speed/performance then that, bit I digress), gotta remove all unneeded parts for maximum gofast!

They also supposedly gave it a 1300 hp engine, or at least 1200 hp IIRC. Going to be a tight race this year. 

Hopefully, using the older 700-800 hp engine variants really fucked them last year, mainly when you take into account the T-96A is 4-5 tonnes heavier then a T-72B3, let alone a B4 (not sure how much lighter the B4 is then the B3.....LoooSeR, your Russian internet seeking skills are required to answer this.)

Just out of my memory, I don't think the B3M is lighter, at least not significantly so...it adds more equipment, and isn't stripped down.

Both the engine and tracks were a problem for China last year, and as such both of them should have been corrected.