Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Shootas for teh people

Toxn

Here is the Seattle Police Department's blotter.

http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2015/05/01/16-rioters-arrested-3-officers-injured-after-violent-demonstration-on-capitol-hill/

We also had a guy toting a machete with the word "death" written on it. Batteries, a hammer, various bricks and stones, sticks with bolts in them.

As for firearms, there was also a guy open carrying a rifle, who took part in the May Day Festivities. He said he was there to "protect the protesters" or some such thing.

http://q13fox.com/2015/05/01/man-carrying-rifle-near-may-day-march-location-these-people-have-a-right-to-free-speech/

Then why does he have what appear to be aluminum GI mags in that pouch on his back?

Also, I am deeply saddened by the makeshift weapons that the Seattle protesters had. Our ancestors where able to do so much more with sticks and rocks. Oh how humanity has fallen.

He would have been arrested on the spot for brandishing if it was slung in front and he had a hand on it.

Seattle PD though are pretty good about dealing with Open Carry people. They see worse and weirder every day.

Should have been arrested for that stupid haircut.

I hate open carry types. They're pretty much universally doing it for attention, and help increase the gap between anti-gun believers and responsible gun owners.

• 2 weeks later...

Should have been arrested for that stupid haircut.

I hate open carry types. They're pretty much universally doing it for attention, and help increase the gap between anti-gun believers and responsible gun owners.

Stay out of Arizona then. It's pretty common here.

The only time I find it ridiculous is if the person is not using their head. Like the guy OC'ing a PM in some goofy low ride tacticool holster.

The reactions from the tourists in the Prescott area to the ranch-hands that come into town is pretty hilarious as well.

They usually think the guy is some kind of re-enactor, and that the revolver on his hip is a dummy or replica. Once witnessed some doofus chastizing a guy because the SiG he was carrying "was not a proper gun for the era he was representing". 

The cowhand was looking very confused as to who this moron was, and why he was impeding his progress into the Fry's for his 30 pack of Coors.

The public image of OC folks being represented by people like "Fatty&Snowboots"  is the result of a lot of media spin, and not an actual unbiased sampling.

There are a lot of places in the U.S. where OC is a non issue.

Stay out of Arizona then. It's pretty common here.

The only time I find it ridiculous is if the person is not using their head. Like the guy OC'ing a PM in some goofy low ride tacticool holster.

The reactions from the tourists in the Prescott area to the ranch-hands that come into town is pretty hilarious as well.

They usually think the guy is some kind of re-enactor, and that the revolver on his hip is a dummy or replica. Once witnessed some doofus chastizing a guy because the SiG he was carrying "was not a proper gun for the era he was representing". 

The cowhand was looking very confused as to who this moron was, and why he was impeding his progress into the Fry's for his 30 pack of Coors.

The public image of OC folks being represented by people like "Fatty&Snowboots"  is the result of a lot of media spin, and not an actual unbiased sampling.

There are a lot of places in the U.S. where OC is a non issue.

Yeah, but you know the types I'm talking about. OC is common out here in PA, as well, since I feel like half my neighbors carry due to them being farmers patrolling their lands or three of them being Conservation Officers. I'm okay with that, since any of those guys have the presence of mind to know that it's unnerving to many people. Unfortunately, we've just gotten a rash of doobers carrying AR-15s while walking into Dairy Queen or down highways purely for attention. One of them blew off a few of his toes in a Wal-Mart parking lot last year.

That's no different from the dumbass who shows up to said DQ or highway with their bro-truck, showing off and generally acting a tool.

The focus though is not on "Morons will be morons", rather their posessions while acting like morons.

Apparently it's socially acceptable for them to act like attention hogs in a shadily modified vehicle of dubious safety, than it is for them to walk around with a demonstrably less lethal firearm.

I don't really have an issue with guys who Open Carry handguns.

I think context is the main issue when it comes to Open Carry of rifles. Is it in a rural or small town setting? Or is the guy trying to carry his AR into an Applebees or his local suburban shopping mall. Of course there are some pretty tough Dairy Queens out there and you never know when some middle school girls soccer team will get rowdy after losing their quarter-final playoff game.

Getting slightly towards the original topic, with all fantasies from our survivalist/prepper friends about repelling hordes of rioters, I'm constantly surprised there hasn't actually been a massive shooting incident at one of these protests/riots.

It's probably because the type of folks who have those fantasies don't live anywhere near the hoods where people burn down neighborhoods during Black Lives Matter rallies.

Today has been an interesting day for firearm news and pretty much jives with what I've said.

Sunday Biker Gang Shooting Leaves Nine Dead, Several Injured.

If I am attending an outlaw biker gang rally, then having a semi-automatic rifle handy would be a smart idea. And it is one of the few instances where having one makes sense in terms of using it for self defense against lawless behavior. On the other side of the coin, why would you want to attend an outlaw biker gang rally if you are concerned about getting shot?

My favorite passage in the story...

Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton said... the fight quickly escalated from fists and feet to chains, clubs and knives, then to gunfire.

And for bonus material.

Up-and-coming rapper Chinx shot and killed.

Chinx? Now that is a classy name.

I remember my history teacher getting defensive when we informed him that "chink" is considered offensive. No joke, his response was "No, it's not, it's just short for Chinaman."

Stay classy, Appalachia.

See, I've always felt the term "Ornamental" to be the appropriate appellation when describing a heathen Celestial...

I've never been to Waco, Texas. But judging by what I see on the front page of the local paper, the Waco-Tribune's website, the news consists entirely of biker gang shootouts, road rage incidents, pharmacy burglaries, house fires, sex offender sentencing, editorials on Muhammad, Ted Nugent concerts, high school sports, underage sex trafficking, the installation of a new design of flashing stop light to stop people speeding downtown and the birthday of a woman who somehow has lived to be a 100 despite all of the above.

Today has been an interesting day for firearm news and pretty much jives with what I've said.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Waco-Shooting-Near-Twin-Peaks-In-Waco-304043711.html'>Sunday Biker Gang Shooting Leaves Nine Dead, Several Injured.

If I am attending an outlaw biker gang rally, then having a semi-automatic rifle handy would be a smart idea. And it is one of the few instances where having one makes sense in terms of using it for self defense against lawless behavior. On the other side of the coin, why would you want to attend an outlaw biker gang rally if you are concerned about getting shot?

My favorite passage in the story...

Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton said... the fight quickly escalated from fists and feet to chains, clubs and knives, then to gunfire.

And for bonus material.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/17/entertainment/chinx-rapper-death-feat/index.html'>Up-and-coming rapper Chinx shot and killed.

Chinx? Now that is a classy name.

Armed society not a polite society. Who would have guessed?

I've enjoyed looking at the photographs and kind of chuckle at the lines of bikers being sat down and watched over like recalcitrant (fat, old) children. Also lots of SS lightning bolts on the Cossacks vests and tattoos. 

And I learned that the Twin Peaks restaurant where the shooting took place is not a themed-eatery based on the 1990s David Lynch series based here in the town where I live but is in fact a glorified Hooters.

Who knew?

Finally, I would pay to see footage of hundreds of bikers opening up on each other with fists, knives, chains, handguns and rifles surrounded by Texas police officers who opened up with their weapons onto the bikers.

I never understood the rationale behind advertising that you had expensive, easily portable items in your possession that you leave at home or in your car unattended and that are things which criminals like and use.

You wouldn't put on your house "I've got a thousand dollars of jewelry inside". Nor would you put a bumpersticker on your car stating "I leave a couple hundred bucks in cash under the driver seat".

But folks routinely put crap like that on their houses as if the "Trespassers Will Be Shot, Survivors Will Be Shot Again" sign is really a deterrent to the meth head who has just watched you hop in your car at 8 am and drive to work.

Ditto with the guys that have NRA bumperstickers or who leave "bug out" bags in their SUV because they think they'll have to hoof it when society breaks down and they find one day that someone has smashed their rear window with a chunk of concrete, taken the bag, your goodies and your AR-15 rifle.

Some have caught on to how stupid this is (I, personally, have always hated bumper stickers anyway, same as I hate printed t-shirts), and have started advocating a "gray man" approach, that is being as nondescript as possible. Well, I think that has its own downsides, but it's better than wearing the NRA ball cap and then getting mugged.

Yeah. I hate defacing my motor vehicles with stickers although I do admit to reading and chuckling over the clever bumper stickers.

As with everything, there are multiple theories and nuanced ways to apply them. I've mentioned before and I guess I'll repeat it again, the failure of some of these is expecting the criminal element to behave in a rational manner.

Obviously it is an extreme example but if you have a biker gang who is not afraid of getting into a gunfight in front of law enforcement officers who are watching, no amount of deterrent will stop them. Fortunately events like what happened in Waco are rate. And like a lot of crime is directed inwards and not onto the general populace.