Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Shootas for teh people

Toxn

Elzetta has some large models, and anything they make doubles as a billy club. MagLite is also still in business, and they now make LED lights. If you have an older incandescent model, LED conversion kits exist.

What's your hangup with Glocks?

Yeah, and MagLite has a pretty skookum return policy. I'm going to be converting all of our MagLites to LED's before going up to Alaska, we bring them with us. The kits are fairly cheap. 

You know my opinion on Glocks. But this is America and I have the wright to be wrang.

• 4 months later...

This is one of the cases where the WILL to fight trumped any other factor, considering the woman was outnumbered and the fact that I doubt she has had much in the way of firearms training other than perhaps some perfunctory range time.

Which is the whole purpose of guns. 

The old saying that "God made man. Sam Colt made them equal" certainly applies here where a 98-pound little Asian woman was able to fend off three larger male attackers (OK, maybe two larger male attackers) and was able to win even though they were shooting back.

• 1 year later...
On 8/5/2018 at 1:59 PM, Xlucine said:

I am kind of curious what it would look like if one of those firework mortars went off outside of a tube

As someone who has actually used these as fun little grenades to toss and people (namely friends) they let out a little putting that might push them along the ground or might not. Then the fuse has a few seconds before it hits the main charge. Which acts like a starburst but ground level, sending out burning bits in a dome.

Not very concussive, but you might get singed. The biggest effect would be the blinding and deafening effect.