Sturgeon's House
Sturgeon

The Whirlybird Thread

Also, the CH-47 was the scariest thing I ever rode in. I remember having some fluid leaking on me once and the crew chief said "if it stops, let me know". 

The "if it's not leaking, it's broken" thing is pretty common with most working aircraft.

UH-1 fleet that deploys Nuclear Security forces are in such bad shape that the USAF is considering a nearly 1 billion dollar sole source contract to replace them.  They've apparently been meaning to replace them for years (over a freaking decade) and haven't gotten around to it.

http://breakingdefense.com/2016/03/air-force-strategy-on-uh-1n-wait-and-hurry-up/

UH-1 fleet that deploys Nuclear Security forces are in such bad shape that the USAF is considering a nearly 1 billion dollar sole source contract to replace them.  They've apparently been meaning to replace them for years (over a freaking decade) and haven't gotten around to it.

http://breakingdefense.com/2016/03/air-force-strategy-on-uh-1n-wait-and-hurry-up/

I wonder why they are petitioning for a completely new helicopter and not just going with UH-60? 

Pakistan showed their Z-10 attack helicopters from China for the first time during a parade.

From this article

cf8483b0c499.jpg

This would make them the 3rd user for the HJ-10 if they don't get forced to use a different weapon system adapted to it.

The reason that's a big deal is because for some reason, the PLAAF says basically nothing about the HJ-10 at all, even minor details mostly. We only get what leaks.

Also they picked or were given the 30x165mm gunned variants like most of the PLAAF fleet, wonder if they had a choice?