Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Aerospace and Ordnance discussion/news.

Belesarius

http://www.defencetalk.com/china-unveils-new-mini-missile-targets-foreign-sales-69011/

China going after the Hellfire market with a new small missile for export.

"With a weight of about 20 kilograms and a 5-kg warhead, an AR-2 has a maximum range of 8 kilometers and a top speed of 735 kilometers per hour. It is effective against personnel, armored cars, houses or bunkers, its designers said."

The French magazine "Air & Cosmos" published projections of light multifunctional front-line aircraft (LMFS), which is in the development by "MiG". The accompanying description states that the development of aircraft is carried out at the expense of own funds of design bureau, and future aircraft should come to replace the MiG-29 and MiG-35.

ЛФМС

http://www.defencetalk.com/mbda-to-lead-the-mid-life-refurbishment-of-storm-shadow-scalp-missiles-69287/

"The UK and French Ministries of Defence have jointly announced they have contracted MBDA for the mid-life refurbishment of Storm Shadow / SCALP EG cruise missiles. This will prolong the operational superiority of the weapon against the anticipated evolving threat well into next decade"

While the B21 idea is patently insane, I still perversely like it.

Mostly for the heads of state personal air transport arms race I would hope fervently it lead to....

Can you imagine the next G8 Vlad's backfire, Trump's B21, and ... Ummmm well I guess the rest of y'all are boned.

But still, the fact remains that this idea is chock full of awesome.