Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Aerospace and Ordnance discussion/news.

Belesarius

8 hours ago, Belesarius said:

the first conventional prompt strike missile for the United States Navy in the form factor that would eventually, could eventually be utilized if leadership chooses to do so in an Ohio-class tube,

So that's why the virginia class have enormous VLS tubes!

The first flight of the Tu-160 bomber of the new production is planned for February 2018

According to Antony Angrand, in the article "Le Tu-160M2 volera en février 2018", published by the magazine "Air & Cosmos", the first flight of the upgraded version of the Tu-160M bomber with serial number 0804 will be held in February 2018. 16 planes of this type in the VKS will be modified to version M2, and another 50 Tu-160M2 of the new production will be added to them later.

According to the publication, in November the plane with the serial number 0804 should arrive at the flight-testing station of the Kazan Aviation Plant named after. S.P. Gorbunov - branch of PJSC "Tupolev".

The first flight will also take place from the factory airfield. The aircraft with the serial number 0804 is actually the usual Tu-160, which will be modified to version M2. The Ministry of Defense of Russia specified that the serial production of new planes will begin in 2023, and that the Russian Air Force will purchase 50 aircrafts. Earlier, the commander-in-chief of the VKS Viktor Bondarev said that the Tu-160M2 could begin to arrive in part since the end of 2018.

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/2939236.html

Russia's KTRV plans to export $1 billion worth of arms this year.

Buried in the article are two interesting things.  The first is that the Grom glide bomb is intended to fit into the SU-57's internal bays, as I guessed (this was not a difficult guess).  The second is that live weapons firings from the SU-57 have begun.

18 minutes ago, Collimatrix said:

Russia's KTRV plans to export $1 billion worth of arms this year.

Buried in the article are two interesting things.  The first is that the Grom glide bomb is intended to fit into the SU-57's internal bays, as I guessed (this was not a difficult guess).  The second is that live weapons firings from the SU-57 have begun.

So Syrian action as a marketing campaign looks to have worked well. :P

Possibly Orion UAV getting combat-tested in Syria, providing laser designation of targets. Videofeed quality (except few places) is way better for a Fortpost UAVs and interface is also unique amongst all other UAVs used by Ru forces in Syria

Orion UAV:

1500515956_ya.jpg

Spoiler

orion_e_041117_002.jpg

0iatYHLvx7CzqSsM2R1VpshB-CwAM_VscVW-22ibXmKhCeDoOm-5Zv6dx9adqIpotm2UkWOpRMgkR51hfL4gKQCqkvPj-dKA22z6bbuSsQ6UprF1oiUL8esOcL5eBvcx1K17QSkVwKPYWhafckqs-UjFLRDCycdkBNEhQjgQrOydkHnHioXA77exFzgYU0vbm6slsxLqWZswVbV1vYokDgcIxTSO0bIsFvnyJCq4x4Q4t2MHz9iF9eZbVBLjb7FA5JchotojUDL-u3NUURnyadxl9-5iLJrK0DEqFwgWlMiRKAezmdKRq3byA68QzAQzEU6HY2qs05rYDaPq0Xzmeztnuwmcb27ZS9lRR1om4Y6LXEx9vYiaSbjd0eQOnF4GoqRyoLTS8e1LLhSg5ZUiDahU7bLLP8ZUHnG2nJxDJV2mX8BcN2g1zhZg9rPRI1vJgtwnnDY1GaW0On7TGI6fr09WVDBOFzSsjrh_hQpyrTzoXuRXslxmPG4l8YA6csJmRsKxtiT7Z9bAl4XrRS3Pi61F641K-v9nfohzS3TOTJ12A7RDIrVLwLPoLSRSyRkTr77UNrBqgSEDD2ld8LBwpzxwdTbZWd88bOUo2WlONwaoC190wCPNeL-q084XntJByiN6UVjfABadtZB0HLkrvlmpSxDveoZa5gCt4F3kCFWInKY=w1412-h794-no

lol, BMPD post on a subject have 700+ comments, some number of Ukrainian posters got triggered by this video.

19 hours ago, Akula_941 said:

A lot of picture of HAVE DASH II aka stealth AAM,and the picture of a model of it

i never seen these picture before and it makes me ashamed to even just to ask where did the guy find these.....

anyone have any idea?

Source is SPF posts from this https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,14091.0.html thread. Desktop model photos - I've found em several days ago at WorthPoint.

FB-23 model was stolen from NG model shop by off-staff repair technician, before it was sold to one unsuspecting guy for a fistful of $$ and then offered for sale on eBay before partyvan has arrived.

3 hours ago, flateric said:

Source is SPF posts from this https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,14091.0.html thread. Desktop model photos - I've found em several days ago at WorthPoint.

FB-23 model was stolen from NG model shop by off-staff repair technician, before it was sold to one unsuspecting guy for a fistful of $$ and then offered for sale on eBay before partyvan has arrived.

Welcome to SH.

5 hours ago, flateric said:

welcome to SH,i checked SP forum later on and finds them so yes, but still have no idea the original source.

i should just cancel my AIAA membership...

8 hours ago, flateric said:

Nice sleuthing.  You also post on Key Publishing, right?