Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General artillery, SPGs, MLRS and long range ATGMs thread.

LoooSeR

I was tempted to post this in Jihad design bureau thread, but it does look like a not bad design.

Talking about artillery on trucks, here is a Vietnamese 105mm gun on a truck. The gun is a copy of the American 105mm M101 howitzer used in the Vietnam war. This is a cheap, cost effective solution to mobile artillery which is a necessity these days.

Dhwd9lrUYAEl_7V.jpg

Spoiler

Dhwd_7YVAAA0mMo.jpg

DhweAwjUwAMRfJ-.jpg

So...are they bringing back some of its tech for the ERCA? (the Crusader's autoloader was quite different, though, so I doubt we'll be seeing some of that back) Or is it just one of these "lemme show you what we did in the past" guided tours for visiting politicos and Pentagon officials?

On 7/17/2018 at 12:20 AM, Renegade334 said:

So...are they bringing back some of its tech for the ERCA? (the Crusader's autoloader was quite different, though, so I doubt we'll be seeing some of that back) Or is it just one of these "lemme show you what we did in the past" guided tours for visiting politicos and Pentagon officials?

It was part of a display for Bruce Jette informing him about the tweaks they are doing to components of the current M109 breech, you can also see an Paladin's breech on the right of that photo. I don't know if it will carry over to the ERCA gun.

uUtp0UX.jpg