Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General artillery, SPGs, MLRS and long range ATGMs thread.

LoooSeR

9 hours ago, TokyoMorose said:

Is the new quad mortar system still autoloaded like the originally planned twin-barrel AMOS?

The quad mortar is based on the Mjolner, not AMOS, as I understand, and is thus manually loaded.

It's also worth noting that the "turret" of the Mjolner has no basket, and rotates only 60 degrees in azimuth (+30 to -30? or +60 to -60?), which otherwise could be dangerous for the crew. 

Short explanation and video here: https://www.baesystems.com/en/product/mjolner

IMO, not a good idea for the system at all, and the same blunder they did with the Archer. 

North Korea during parade showed new SPG (unknown name) and new ATGM carrier (unknown type of ATGMs and no name).

Q6oP8zDekSw.jpg

Those are really big ATGMs, if they actually exist, then those are not Fagot/Konkurs/Kornet copies. Also, i don't see any guidance system (like Shturm-S and Khriantema or Kornet-D/Kornet-EM have), no optics. Could it be some sort of NLOS system? Maybe they just bought ALAS from Serbia or something?

SPG

GF8ZWvY5S1o.jpg

Old/previously seen SPGs/MRLS

Spoiler

aqFGN9WPXJc.jpg

OSXyFZe35r0.jpg

C38SO7yG6Sw.jpg

Qb0a4vicUDI.jpg

W_0vc_pOuqY.jpg

MtIHaOwbhOU.jpg

G0S8IdSOMgc.jpg

On 9/9/2018 at 12:57 PM, LoooSeR said:

North Korea during parade showed new SPG (unknown name) and new ATGM carrier (unknown type of ATGMs and no name).

Q6oP8zDekSw.jpg

Those are really big ATGMs, if they actually exist, then those are not Fagot/Konkurs/Kornet copies. Also, i don't see any guidance system (like Shturm-S and Khriantema or Kornet-D/Kornet-EM have), no optics. Could it be some sort of NLOS system? Maybe they just bought ALAS from Serbia or something?

On this video you can see that North Koreans have ATGM with videofeed system. Although it is launched from helicopter, i suspect that same type of ATGM is used here. North Korean Spike NLOS/AFT-10/ALAS

5881100_original.jpg

Spoiler

41502638_1879625035462007_2110921244244180992_n

41501569_1879625192128658_5582633138841976832_n

That moment when you realize that North Koreans have 4th gen ATGM and Russia don't have 3rd.

@Collimatrix

27 minutes ago, Xlucine said:

Looked like they were manually flying a top attack profile on that shot

Maybe, that video was from ATGM testing, which took place as far as i heard several months ago. Although that doesn't cure my back end.

Q6oP8zDekSw.jpg

Glory to Best Korea! Best Korea can into ATGMs! From wimpy Fagot copies on Chonma-216s to Spike NLOS in one heroic step of True Korea!