Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General artillery, SPGs, MLRS and long range ATGMs thread.

LoooSeR

Mal'va 152 mm SPG stats

H-ZDk-UUHe-PQ.jpg

Spoiler

4v-A-5-VF3-Pj-Q.jpg

Max range - 24.5 km.

RoF per minute - 7

Elevation: -3...+70o 

Horizontal traverse - +-30o

Ammunition load - 30 shots

Crew - 5

SPG full weight - 32t

13 meters long, 2.75m wide, 3.1m height

Floks/Flox 120mm SPG/SPM

j-Vh-HLPw-ZDtg.jpg

Spoiler

Ugkb-Gr-H1w0s.jpg

Max range - 8.5 km with HE-frag shell, 10km with guided shell [?], 7 km with HE mine.

RoF per minute - 8 with HE frag shell, 10 with HE mine

Elevation: -5...+80o 

Horizontal traverse - +-35o

Ammunition load - 60 shots

Crew - 4

New mine-clearing vehicle on BMP-3 chassis was spotted during Kavkaz 2020 exercises.

Irc0-P8-BN25-E.jpg

Looks like it can carry even more rockets than 5, judging by numbers of rockets on left side of the launcher (from vehicle pov). It also have electronic/magnetic mine clearing system on the front, AFAIK. Also, it have something that looks like APS, but i don't see radars.

Spoiler

NVDn-TXRP71-U.jpg

Concept image of an AS9 Huntsman (K9A1 variant for Australia) with additional armour, new headlights (similar to the ones on the Redback) and an RWS:

QccL2cz.jpg

Source: https://www.janes.com/amp/hda-shows-concept-images-of-as9-sph-and-as10-aarv-for-australian-army/ZnlJK3dHVU9mZ28xajRJVkc5dVI5VFp1cVMwPQ2

4 hours ago, SH_MM said:

I am not entirely sure why they would adopt such add-on armor on a self-propelled gun. Specifically given that it lacks additional roof-armor to survive counter-battery fire.

Is it meant for peace-keeping operations?

Could be that and/or the Aussies feel they need it in case their artillery units have to defend their own positions and make use of that direct-fire capability?

Perhaps @2805662 or @DIADES know anything about this?

17 hours ago, Laser Shark said:

Could be that and/or the Aussies feel they need it in case their artillery units have to defend their own positions and make use of that direct-fire capability?

Perhaps @2805662 or @DIADES know anything about this?

Can’t help, sorry. Bit of a mystery. The RWS won’t be Kongsberg, though. 

Offisersbladet claims that the US Army is consdiering the K9 Thunder for their forces in South Korea. I couldn't find any other source confirming this, so it seems dubious, but this is also the same journal that revealed that Germany had decided to acquire Trophy before that was made official too...

Source: https://dittmagasin.no/offisersbladet/utgivelser/offisersbladet_0520_flip (page 19)