Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Anti-air thread: Everything that goes up must come down, and we'll help you go down

Bronezhilet

Czech MOD selected Spyder-MR as the new AD system replacing the old (albeit somewhat modernized) 2K12 Kub. MOD will buy four batteries installed on Tatra 815-7 vehicles. It's quite a logical selection after the purchase of the Elta EL/M-2084 MADR radars and considering the already existing integration of the system for Tatra vehicles. 

https://www.idnes.cz/zpravy/nato/rafael-kub-obrana-armada-izrael-rakety-protivzdusna-metnar.A200925_111038_zpr_nato_inc

21 hours ago, Beer said:

Czech MOD selected Spyder-MR as the new AD system replacing the old (albeit somewhat modernized) 2K12 Kub. MOD will buy four batteries installed on Tatra 815-7 vehicles. It's quite a logical selection after the purchase of the Elta EL/M-2084 MADR radars and considering the already existing integration of the system for Tatra vehicles. 

https://www.idnes.cz/zpravy/nato/rafael-kub-obrana-armada-izrael-rakety-protivzdusna-metnar.A200925_111038_zpr_nato_inc

According to unconfirmed rumors each battery shall be equipped with another EL/M-2084 radar. The deal shall cover also an option for future purchase of another four batteries for the same price. 

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Contracts/Contract/Article/2367105/

General Dynamics Land Systems, Sterling Heights, Michigan, was awarded a $1,219,170,958 hybrid (cost-no-fee, cost-plus-fixed-fee, firm-fixed-price and fixed-price-incentive) contract to produce, test and deliver Interim Maneuver Short-Range Air Defense (IM-SHORAD) systems. One bid was solicited with one bid received. Work locations and funding will be determined with each order, with an estimated completion date of Sept. 30, 2025. U.S. Army Contracting Command, Redstone Arsenal, Alabama, is the contracting activity (W31P4Q-20-D-0039).

If my napkin math is accurate this would be enough for 144 vehicles.

MOSCOW, October 1. / TASS /. A small-sized missile for an anti-aircraft missile system "Tor-M2" is being created in Russia to combat tactical unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). General of the Army Oleg Salyukov, commander-in-chief of the Ground Forces, announced this in an interview with Rossiyskaya Gazeta.

"Now the most effective in the fight against tactical drones is the Tor-M2 air defense system. At the same time, the cost of anti-aircraft guided missiles of the complex significantly exceeds the cost of small-sized drones. With this in mind, work is now underway to create a relatively cheap small-sized missile for this complex," he said Salyukov.

On 9/22/2020 at 3:08 AM, roguetechie said:

Was all of this supposed to make me care that you think I'm a meanie head dumb dumb face?

P.s. any "news site" stupid enough to employ you as a writer is... I'd say only good as toilet paper but you're essentially just an "online defense commentator" which is right up there with terms like anal fissures for it's negative connotation to pretty much everyone whose not one of them.

Congrats on getting yourself into the exalted camp as such luminaries as Nicholas Drummond and blacktail defense I guess.

You know, if you just stopped being so exceedingly stupid this place could be a gold mine for you. But, you and I both know that will never happen.

"Meanie head dumb face"? Keep it going, you had regressed to kindergarten level mentality. 

Do you think THIS is a gold mine? No, you post just bunch of videos and photos or news articles. Rarely you have any insight. Anything you do here is found a lot more efficiently in a book. If I want to go in depth, I go for white papers or very specialized books. This site is only good for very few threads where you provide links to other articles and books. For example, I'm reading ,,Technology of Tanks'' and so far I found it enlightening. However, after reading parts of said book I had come to conclusion that you people are truly allergic to putting any effort into your research, otherwise you would know how absolutely silly and impractical most of proposed designs are in design section. High caliber anti aircraft cannons with immense rate of fire and they are merely air cooled... Lightly armored (under 20 tons) aluminium car with medium velocity anti tank guns...Recoil impulse would shatter turret and hull with prolonged usage, not to mention how uncomfortable firing would be for the crew inside. Out of place technologies like second generation missiles (in first generation environment), futuristic non existent 2000 hp engines in 70-80's level tech. I could go on and on. When it comes to making statements rather than reposting information found elsewhere online, you are not much better than an average enthusiast. 

You also are surprisingly proud of doing nothing constructive with your time. I said that I prefer to read books, everyone here was shocked by that. I had said that maybe you should start writing about military equipment as there is a distinct lack of information of in depth information. This is how I got my name changed...You people are very proud of very little. You have no presence in online communities. Various enthusiasts have reach of millions despite making a lot of errors. Everyone, even Gavins guy writes his own articles, however you guys can't do anything more than laugh at him from safety of your own echo chamber. I had offered you and this forum as a whole to be something more than its own echo chamber with non existent relevance in modern day discussions, however you had rejected this opportunity outright while demeaning everybody else who tries to do something constructive...

The difference between pride and arrogance is that one is proudful of tangible and important achievements in his life while an arrogant person has nothing to show for it when pressed, but still pretends to be a serious and respectable member/community. I don't need to boast or to pretend how knowledgeable I'm people, when they hear of that I do or read what I wrote, they are usually impressed with me. Can you say the same about yourself? 

3 hours ago, Must Be Spoon Fed said:

"Meanie head dumb face"? Keep it going, you had regressed to kindergarten level mentality. 

Do you think THIS is a gold mine? No, you post just bunch of videos and photos or news articles. Rarely you have any insight. Anything you do here is found a lot more efficiently in a book. If I want to go in depth, I go for white papers or very specialized books. This site is only good for very few threads where you provide links to other articles and books. For example, I'm reading ,,Technology of Tanks'' and so far I found it enlightening. However, after reading parts of said book I had come to conclusion that you people are truly allergic to putting any effort into your research, otherwise you would know how absolutely silly and impractical most of proposed designs are in design section. High caliber anti aircraft cannons with immense rate of fire and they are merely air cooled... Lightly armored (under 20 tons) aluminium car with medium velocity anti tank guns...Recoil impulse would shatter turret and hull with prolonged usage, not to mention how uncomfortable firing would be for the crew inside. Out of place technologies like second generation missiles (in first generation environment), futuristic non existent 2000 hp engines in 70-80's level tech. I could go on and on. When it comes to making statements rather than reposting information found elsewhere online, you are not much better than an average enthusiast. 

You also are surprisingly proud of doing nothing constructive with your time. I said that I prefer to read books, everyone here was shocked by that. I had said that maybe you should start writing about military equipment as there is a distinct lack of information of in depth information. This is how I got my name changed...You people are very proud of very little. You have no presence in online communities. Various enthusiasts have reach of millions despite making a lot of errors. Everyone, even Gavins guy writes his own articles, however you guys can't do anything more than laugh at him from safety of your own echo chamber. I had offered you and this forum as a whole to be something more than its own echo chamber with non existent relevance in modern day discussions, however you had rejected this opportunity outright while demeaning everybody else who tries to do something constructive...

The difference between pride and arrogance is that one is proudful of tangible and important achievements in his life while an arrogant person has nothing to show for it when pressed, but still pretends to be a serious and respectable member/community. I don't need to boast or to pretend how knowledgeable I'm people, when they hear of that I do or read what I wrote, they are usually impressed with me. Can you say the same about yourself? 

You talk about us being surprised you get your information by reading books...

You're right, we were surprised. We've all read all those books and far far more. We collect and trade dtic.mil documents, the biannual technology roadmap reports, and patents like you probably trade Pokemon cards...

You apparently just haven't figured out that because shitters like you who want to be spoon-fed everything are so incredibly prevalent that we do it several places people like you don't have access to.

The fact that you think you're unique different or special because you're just barely getting around to the very basics of the entry level reading list we all read FOREVER AGO, and your apparent total inability to comprehend and retain the knowledge in said books much less ACTUALLY SYNTHESIZE the information into a usable form reflects extraordinarily poorly on you not us.

I genuinely love too how you are genuinely too stupid, STILL in spite of people explaining to you multiple times why they exist and their purpose, to understand the purpose of the design competition threads.

It's an added bonus that "in your professional opinion" the designs "are totally impractical"....

Wanna know the part that's funny about that? 

If you could even read properly, you'd see the math and 3d modeling simulations etc that show everyone's work including verifying that that their hypothetical solutions are in fact possible and would perform as desired/designed.

Bitch please

I've read through the equivalent of hundreds of pages of typed text, spreadsheets, mathematical calculations using the actual and far closer to up to date equations than TOT etc has evaluations of everything from the armor arrays ability to perform as designed to the extremely thoroughly specced and calculated ammunition designs that stop just short of an actual bill of materials and full up cost calculations for every step in the manufacturing process for each individual round gun and armor array.

But I'm sure your "professional opinion" is far more capable than the Monte Carlo Sims and etc the competitors and judges did to vet and benchmark the entries.

Have you not figured out yet that you're such a shitter  so utterly laughable and unworthy of respect much less treatment as a peer that we're purposely using you as a punching bag when any of us could actually provide you everything you demand from us without any difficulty at any point we wanted to.

You've outed yourself as beyond a joke and too much effort for anyone here to be willing to beat you into not being a dumb fuck.

Honestly, you should probably apologize to the entire forum population very sincerely or just go away in the very near future. 

Because at some point, people here will get bored of beating on you...

At which point, any one or more of the dozen people here who can tank your "defense writing career" with a single email to everyone you work for with some screenshots attached.

Pro tip: The defense technology world on the professional side is utterly ruthless and actively enjoys shitcanning the careers of annoying arrogant jumped up little dumb fucks like you. You're actually lucky that you landed here rather than other places where any chance you'd ever have of reporting on anything even DEFENSE ADJACENT would have already been taken from you weeks ago...

This is me officially saying, our forebearance and tolerance of you being a shitter is done.

Begone thot

2 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Well, why didn't you do that here? 

I know right?!

Also, I love how he's so free with his critiques of the competition threads and our "general knowledge Levels" Along with singing his own praises...

And yet, he's been here ALL THIS TIME and has somehow not managed to find subforum DOCUMENT REPOSITORY LINKS stickied at the top of every forum menu for each subcategory at SH!

Real high IQ hours.

If you read this spoony boy, go look in the clearly marked fucking folders... Reevaluate your life, reevaluate your attitude, realize that we all also have a metric fuck ton of shit that isn't even in these places, realize that we've all read large portions of these archives, and maybe come back apologize and show proper respect for people who have in fact already done all the hard work for you...

And maybe 6 months or a year after that you'll actually begin posting stuff interesting and worthwhile enough to actually get thoughtful and helpful responses from people here.

On 9/27/2020 at 5:26 PM, LoooSeR said:

More of Tunguska at Kavkaz-2020

So this means that the Tunguska received the modernized radar and optics package after all? This is the first time I see this being in service in the army. Previously this was only displayed at MAKS, Army, etc.

2 hours ago, heretic88 said:

So this means that the Tunguska received the modernized radar and optics package after all? This is the first time I see this being in service in the army. Previously this was only displayed at MAKS, Army, etc.

Tunguska SPAAGs were present at many previous large scale exercises, so i'm not sure what do you mean. 

On 9/27/2020 at 5:26 PM, LoooSeR said:

More of Tunguska at Kavkaz-2020

Nd6wts-L2-NHU

Hide contents

RBB-x-Fb-Ie-Zo

I think he meant that this is the modernized one shown on Army Expo, not the original system (see the new optical head). But on the other hand we have seen plenty of such vehicles on the Kavkaz-20 excercise and it's a question if those were only single pieces being evaluated or if larger larger batches were already purchased. 

21 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

Tunguska SPAAGs were present at many previous large scale exercises, so i'm not sure what do you mean. 

This is the M1 version, with new radar, new optic systems with thermal channel. Also has new missiles.

You can see the difference here, original 2S6M on the right, 2S6M1 on left.2cf082f7989494dbddbb25c1926a8415.jpg

2 hours ago, heretic88 said:

This is the M1 version, with new radar, new optic systems with thermal channel. Also has new missiles.

You can see the difference here, original 2S6M on the right, 2S6M1 on left.2cf082f7989494dbddbb25c1926a8415.jpg

I thought you were speaking about Tunguskas in general. Not sure about number of modernised Tungas.

7 hours ago, Eliz said:

Does anyone know anymore then this video about this system? Google search leads to nothing

This seems to be the prototype of the system that would go on to become Goalkeeper and find use in the Dutch navy.  I don't have much of anything else beyond that, but I suppose some digging into the history of Goalkeeper could give you more.

On 10/8/2020 at 12:27 AM, Scolopax said:

This seems to be the prototype of the system that would go on to become Goalkeeper and find use in the Dutch navy.  I don't have much of anything else beyond that, but I suppose some digging into the history of Goalkeeper could give you more.

On 10/7/2020 at 5:02 PM, Eliz said:

Does anyone know anymore then this video about this system? Google search leads to nothing

Thank you for sharing. Awesome video. They also mentioned Hollandse signaalapparaten (HS). A predecessor to the now called company Thales Netherlands. The IX83 system and the flycatcher system of HS seem to make the basis of the goalkeeper. Interesting to see the video.